Used 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Great ride
By skelly8

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used with 33k miles. Subaru driver needed a Schedule 179 vehicle for tax purposes. Averages 19 mpg on my commute, 21.5 on a run to Palm Springs down Hwy 5. Love the ride, sound system, navigation, turning radius. Does everything without drama. Freeway on ramp merge speed? No problem, put in sport mode and it winds to 7000 rpm like NOW and you are flying. Want to climb an impossibly steep trail? No problem, put it in low range and up you go. Brakes feel like you threw out an anchor. Big control knobs and buttons fit my stubby fingers and just feel right. I love this rig.

Favorite Features

Power, ride, quiet cabin, handling, braking, comfort, sound system and style

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats and mirrors should be standard.

Don't waste your money !
By Karen

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 2008 Range Rover Sport is the biggest mistake I ever purchased.I had a BMW X5 4.4 before this and a Mercedes ML 450 and both were better than this horrible truck.If you wear glasses forget the heated front wind shield, the lines create a glare that will give you a headache. The horn is another nightmare , good luck finding it when you really need it.The design of the interior is idiotic as well.Where is the button for the rear hatch? Opening the rear hatch is a challenge in itself. There is nothing nice to say about this truck and the next 30 months of this lease are going to be painful !!!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Re design this truck with the same bells and whistles of the X5 or the Audi Q7.Those trucks have the luxury of having cup holders that work and are in the right place and a rear hatch that is fully automatic, hello 2008. Maybe an accident from the glare on the front windshield will get it fixed.

From good to bad to worse...sad but true
By Peter

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This is an update to my April 2009 review. Unfortunately I have no good news to report. My ownership experience continues to sour. The clunking in the suspension returned again a month ago. The saga continues. Apparently the dynamic suspension is malfunctioning and the vehicle has been in the shop for two weeks now. Not sure when the parts will arrive and will require a diassembly of the chassis to repair. I have now tallied the cost to repair all of these warranty items at almost $5,000 in the first two years of ownership. Cat converter $1,450, sway bar repair $475, Suspension actuator $2,750. This vehicle will be turned in at end of lease, cost and reliability problems abound

Suggested Improvements

Reliability problems seem to continue to haunt Land Rover. I gave it a fair chance and it has left me cold. Disappointed to say the least

Same Old Range Rover
By David

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Best Looking SUV in its class. Too bad Land Rover has not fixed it's mecanical issues. Wait till you get to 25000 mile and the dealer tells you that you need new brakes all around. Dealer won't help nor will Land Rover. They claim this is normal wear and tear. Right!

Favorite Features

Front end is beautiful. Plenty of power. Stereo is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Fix your engineering! Bluetooth is horrible. My wife has a Lexus and it is embarrasing to talk on mine. Lexus is superior.

I dont recommend any Land Rover
By AnaJara

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have an 08 RRS with 3000 miles. It has a leaking sunroof that the dealer has tried to fix 4 times. They did not take it back the 5th time saying Land Rover said it was normal to have some water enter the suv. I spoke with Land Rover and they looked into it but have now closed my case saying "normal". This is not normal by any standards. Land Rover needs to build a better car! I only bought it because I loved the look of it. I am filing for help under the TX Lemon Law in hopes that they buy back the car so I can get into another car, not a land rover!!