2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Fortunately the lease is almost up
By Bob Smith on 05/29/10 04:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Where to begin? I live, work in wash DC, 33 month old vehicle has 27,000 miles. Performance: this winter had 3 major snow storms, had to be pushed out of snow three times in this "go anywhere, do anything" vehicle. Woefully underpowered, acceleration terrible, Burns gas like Boeing 757, I'm at the gas station more than the office, handles like an 18 Wheeler. Both front/rear brakes need replacement in 20,000 miles-not covered under warranty. Needs "realignment" about every 7-8k miles (not covered under warranty). Interior: displays are small, difficult to read, green backlite awful, "mahogany" console trim so uneven you can cut yourself, bill Gates couldn't figure out electronics, nav system is a joke.

So far so good
By Dot on 05/26/10 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great car, but I really wish it had a remote tailgate. This is a heavy car and should have a rear hatch that opens and closes via remote. Also, I've already been through 2 sets of brakes and tires. The dealership said this is normal. Ugh. A heavy car like the RR Sport really blows through the brake pads. I had them replaced less than a year ago and they are already squeaking. You can hear me braking from a mile away. Kind of embarrassing.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Jim on 04/14/09 03:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have used the vehicle to travel 3- 400 highway miles a week. I have towed 20' boat 300 miles w/o effort, pulled boat full of water from sandy beach without trouble. I have driven through sandy orange groves...the vehicle performs as advertised. I use the lowering function for easier entry for the ladies, (still too high for elderly to easily access)parking in the garage and when using drive up banking services. I currently have 54,000 miles on the vehicle, 0 problems and I have averaged 18.6 mpg.

Worst SUV ever
By Jamie on 01/29/09 18:43 PM (PST)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my Range Rover Sport for 15 months and I can't wait to get rid of the vehicle. I bought the SUV new and I've had radio complications, had to purchase 4 new tires, and replace brake pads after the 1st year. That's not counting the times the SUV was in the shop to reset signal lights. I understand you have regular wear and tear maintenance problems, but I've never purchased tires or brakes within one year of buying a new vehicle. When I asked the dealer was this normal, their response was "yes". The back seat room is ridiculous (very uncomfortable) and the navigation system is a joke.

Luxury at a price
By G'day on 07/23/08 03:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Well it's an eye catcher at a steep price. A princely car, gas guzzler, but the confidence you get when in it is not describable. It more than compensates for the shortcomings. It cuts through snow effortlessly. It accelerates beautifully, lifting its almost 4 ton weight effortlessly, but it's not a sports car. Handling in corners calls for caution. It has some plasticky attachments which lower the overall quality together with the fact that it doesn't come with bells and whistles of Japanese cars. Eg the tail gate can be fully automated and there can be a rear camera without paying an arm and a foot. The power and control is great! Highly maneuverable for its size. Great car to own.

Great SUV
By JBLove on 11/23/07 09:50 AM (PST)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle. It has all the options that you would want and has a great design/look. Off road abilities coupled with the on road manners make this SUV a winner. Gas mileage is so-so but a good trade off and it is a 60k car. Has a very solid feel. My suggestions: one locking glove box, a little larger seat with the lower seating surface a bit deeper (like my 2002 7 series BMW), a navigation system that you can input on the fly, and easier to reach (when the door is closed) seat controls.

I'm Ridin' Dirty
By Richard on 03/14/07 14:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased my Sport very recently; but I'm already in love with it. My initial city/road mix is yielding 18 mpg, which is as good as my 6 year old Volvo S80...but a much cooler ride. I have more features than I ever imagined and even added a few extra items such as the side molding, wind deflectors and rear lamp guards. This is truly the way to roll; even if you'll never get off road with it. As well, the service and treatment for purchasing a product like this was as expected. And the bottom line, the gas mileage is weak, but if you have to worry about gas prices when you're buying a SUV for $62k...you shouldn't be buying it. My favorite vehicle of 28 I've had!!

Greatest SUV ever built
By bk on 02/25/07 15:01 PM (PST)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is the sickest SUV ever built, effortless steering, and all the goodies that come standard on it are unbeatable. And they are rare, not every joe schmoe is driving one.

So far, awsome!
By RT on 02/18/07 10:24 AM (PST)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was really in the market for a V-8 SUV and have owned a 3.0L X5 for the last few years. I loved the new 2007 X5 look and on my way to order one last weekend I decided to check out the Range Rover Sport. One drive and I was hooked! What a ride! If you are thinking of purchasing a new SUV you must checkout the RRS! BMW has a great SUV in the X5 but the RRS was better in so many ways I could not pass it up!

Perfection in motion
By Surprised on 01/09/07 16:42 PM (PST)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car has been perfect for me. I was originally looking for a sport sedan in the 50k range, but I couldn't find anything that fit my personality. I wanted something that was comfortable and fun to drive but stood out. I found the comfort in one car, the drivability in another. But in this Range Rover Sport, I found both of those attributes plus the X factor in appearance. This SUV really stands out. I get looks and compliments everywhere I go. Its big enough to look rugged and tough as well as being sleek enough to look sexy. Land Rover could have not made a better SUV. When I tell someone that I own a Range Rover, they congratulate me for getting the Sport and not the other one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.