Used 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Fortunately the lease is almost up
By Bob Smith

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Where to begin? I live, work in wash DC, 33 month old vehicle has 27,000 miles. Performance: this winter had 3 major snow storms, had to be pushed out of snow three times in this "go anywhere, do anything" vehicle. Woefully underpowered, acceleration terrible, Burns gas like Boeing 757, I'm at the gas station more than the office, handles like an 18 Wheeler. Both front/rear brakes need replacement in 20,000 miles-not covered under warranty. Needs "realignment" about every 7-8k miles (not covered under warranty). Interior: displays are small, difficult to read, green backlite awful, "mahogany" console trim so uneven you can cut yourself, bill Gates couldn't figure out electronics, nav system is a joke.

The lease ends in August 2010

if the vehicle would just perform as advertised (ie, go anywhere in any terrain, handling) that would be a huge improvement(you know, like NOT getting stuck in the snow when there is a snowstorm, while the $35,000 Jeep next door is plowing through snowdrifts) If it just performed i'd overlook the rest.

So far so good
By Dot

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great car, but I really wish it had a remote tailgate. This is a heavy car and should have a rear hatch that opens and closes via remote. Also, I've already been through 2 sets of brakes and tires. The dealership said this is normal. Ugh. A heavy car like the RR Sport really blows through the brake pads. I had them replaced less than a year ago and they are already squeaking. You can hear me braking from a mile away. Kind of embarrassing.

Love the classy body style and seat warmers

Remote hatchback, better quality brake pads.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Jim

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have used the vehicle to travel 3- 400 highway miles a week. I have towed 20' boat 300 miles w/o effort, pulled boat full of water from sandy beach without trouble. I have driven through sandy orange groves...the vehicle performs as advertised. I use the lowering function for easier entry for the ladies, (still too high for elderly to easily access)parking in the garage and when using drive up banking services. I currently have 54,000 miles on the vehicle, 0 problems and I have averaged 18.6 mpg.

a hide away step to make access easier for older passengers

Best car for its purpose
By Mac

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

My SS sport is amazing. Ive owned it over 2 years. It handles great...all buttons are at my fingertips and the dvd/nav system works great. Nav system is not for the elders, as goes for any computer system. I have a 3 year old and 4 dogs and have no complaints. Fits my needs and this Alabama girl is not afraid to drive it in the snow or mud...hence what its made for.

seats heat up in a second; sound system; exterior look compares to NO ONE

Free updates for nav device

Worst SUV ever
By Jamie

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my Range Rover Sport for 15 months and I can't wait to get rid of the vehicle. I bought the SUV new and I've had radio complications, had to purchase 4 new tires, and replace brake pads after the 1st year. That's not counting the times the SUV was in the shop to reset signal lights. I understand you have regular wear and tear maintenance problems, but I've never purchased tires or brakes within one year of buying a new vehicle. When I asked the dealer was this normal, their response was "yes". The back seat room is ridiculous (very uncomfortable) and the navigation system is a joke.

The exterior is nice. I get a lot of compliments.

Automatic start, working navigation