Used 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Land-rover Range-rover-sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Best car for its purpose
By Mac

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

My SS sport is amazing. Ive owned it over 2 years. It handles great...all buttons are at my fingertips and the dvd/nav system works great. Nav system is not for the elders, as goes for any computer system. I have a 3 year old and 4 dogs and have no complaints. Fits my needs and this Alabama girl is not afraid to drive it in the snow or mud...hence what its made for.

Favorite Features

seats heat up in a second; sound system; exterior look compares to NO ONE

Suggested Improvements

Free updates for nav device

Nightmare. Don't Fall for the Looks!
By OrthoDr

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Despite my better judgment, advice of knowledgeable friends and my own happy history with German cars (Porsche, BMW) I went with the RR. In the shop about 50% of the time: suspension, brakes, engine light etc, etc. I now know that any real car enthusiast snickers when they see some moron (like myself) driving a Range Rover down the street, knowing they succumbed to great looks, marketing and desire to exhibit one's W-2 in vehicle form. Please don't, unless your RR technician is a starving family member. Buy a BMW X-5 or Cayenne instead. And yes, I told you so.

Favorite Features

Looks nice

Suggested Improvements

Complete redesign

Electronic gremlins
By Sin City Ferrari

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

With 13 months of ownership I can honestly say I'm seriously debating whether to get another one when the lease is up. The recent electronic gremlins, engine light turns on and off, and noises the vehicle is exhibiting is suprising for a vehicle costing 75k+. One day the radio and nav didn't work; I was ready to drop it off at the dealership when it miraculously started working again. The engine light intermittently turns on and off. There's also this "crunching" noise when I drive over large bumps. Definitely will have the dealership look into this. On a positive note, I enjoy the supercharged motor, the exterior styling and interior ergonomics.

Favorite Features

Supercharged motor, transmission especially in sport mode, exterior styling and classy interior.

Suggested Improvements

I might have a unit that rolled off the assembly line when it's Miller Time. Fix the electronic glitches. Motorized cargo door like the Porsche Cayenne.

All Wheel Drive Bentley
By Dr. Morton

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I recently purchased the RRS SC and this SUV has blown my mind. I had seen them around, found them flashy and even considered buying one. However, I never became serious about it until a friend of mine brought his home. The first time I climbed into the RRS I was instantly impressed. The classy styling on the outside transitioned well into the interior. I was at the dealership the next week and now I'm a proud owner of the RRS SC. If you can fit the bill, this car is worth adding to the collection. I drove the BMW 7 Series for years, and I don't think I'll ever go back.

Favorite Features

Navigation, offroad handling, bold style

Suggested Improvements

Easier IPod hookup, keyless ignition

Great SUV, but gas mileage is bad!
By njacks12

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

The Range Rover Sport Supercharged is a great SUV. It is everything you would wish for, except the gas mileage. First you have to use premum. Then the engine is a v-8 so it burns a lot of gas which I don't like about my Range Rover. Everthing else is excellent!

Favorite Features

The speed!

Suggested Improvements

Turn it into a V-6and make the gas economy better