2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Fortunately the lease is almost up
By Bob Smith on 05/29/10 04:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Where to begin? I live, work in wash DC, 33 month old vehicle has 27,000 miles. Performance: this winter had 3 major snow storms, had to be pushed out of snow three times in this "go anywhere, do anything" vehicle. Woefully underpowered, acceleration terrible, Burns gas like Boeing 757, I'm at the gas station more than the office, handles like an 18 Wheeler. Both front/rear brakes need replacement in 20,000 miles-not covered under warranty. Needs "realignment" about every 7-8k miles (not covered under warranty). Interior: displays are small, difficult to read, green backlite awful, "mahogany" console trim so uneven you can cut yourself, bill Gates couldn't figure out electronics, nav system is a joke.

So far so good
By Dot on 05/26/10 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great car, but I really wish it had a remote tailgate. This is a heavy car and should have a rear hatch that opens and closes via remote. Also, I've already been through 2 sets of brakes and tires. The dealership said this is normal. Ugh. A heavy car like the RR Sport really blows through the brake pads. I had them replaced less than a year ago and they are already squeaking. You can hear me braking from a mile away. Kind of embarrassing.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Jim on 04/14/09 03:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have used the vehicle to travel 3- 400 highway miles a week. I have towed 20' boat 300 miles w/o effort, pulled boat full of water from sandy beach without trouble. I have driven through sandy orange groves...the vehicle performs as advertised. I use the lowering function for easier entry for the ladies, (still too high for elderly to easily access)parking in the garage and when using drive up banking services. I currently have 54,000 miles on the vehicle, 0 problems and I have averaged 18.6 mpg.

Best car for its purpose
By Mac on 03/18/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

My SS sport is amazing. Ive owned it over 2 years. It handles great...all buttons are at my fingertips and the dvd/nav system works great. Nav system is not for the elders, as goes for any computer system. I have a 3 year old and 4 dogs and have no complaints. Fits my needs and this Alabama girl is not afraid to drive it in the snow or mud...hence what its made for.

Worst SUV ever
By Jamie on 01/29/09 18:43 PM (PST)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my Range Rover Sport for 15 months and I can't wait to get rid of the vehicle. I bought the SUV new and I've had radio complications, had to purchase 4 new tires, and replace brake pads after the 1st year. That's not counting the times the SUV was in the shop to reset signal lights. I understand you have regular wear and tear maintenance problems, but I've never purchased tires or brakes within one year of buying a new vehicle. When I asked the dealer was this normal, their response was "yes". The back seat room is ridiculous (very uncomfortable) and the navigation system is a joke.

Nightmare. Don't Fall for the Looks!
By OrthoDr on 09/11/08 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Despite my better judgment, advice of knowledgeable friends and my own happy history with German cars (Porsche, BMW) I went with the RR. In the shop about 50% of the time: suspension, brakes, engine light etc, etc. I now know that any real car enthusiast snickers when they see some moron (like myself) driving a Range Rover down the street, knowing they succumbed to great looks, marketing and desire to exhibit one's W-2 in vehicle form. Please don't, unless your RR technician is a starving family member. Buy a BMW X-5 or Cayenne instead. And yes, I told you so.

Luxury at a price
By G'day on 07/23/08 03:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Well it's an eye catcher at a steep price. A princely car, gas guzzler, but the confidence you get when in it is not describable. It more than compensates for the shortcomings. It cuts through snow effortlessly. It accelerates beautifully, lifting its almost 4 ton weight effortlessly, but it's not a sports car. Handling in corners calls for caution. It has some plasticky attachments which lower the overall quality together with the fact that it doesn't come with bells and whistles of Japanese cars. Eg the tail gate can be fully automated and there can be a rear camera without paying an arm and a foot. The power and control is great! Highly maneuverable for its size. Great car to own.

Electronic gremlins
By Sin City Ferrari on 12/31/07 21:07 PM (PST)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

With 13 months of ownership I can honestly say I'm seriously debating whether to get another one when the lease is up. The recent electronic gremlins, engine light turns on and off, and noises the vehicle is exhibiting is suprising for a vehicle costing 75k+. One day the radio and nav didn't work; I was ready to drop it off at the dealership when it miraculously started working again. The engine light intermittently turns on and off. There's also this "crunching" noise when I drive over large bumps. Definitely will have the dealership look into this. On a positive note, I enjoy the supercharged motor, the exterior styling and interior ergonomics.

Great SUV
By JBLove on 11/23/07 09:50 AM (PST)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle. It has all the options that you would want and has a great design/look. Off road abilities coupled with the on road manners make this SUV a winner. Gas mileage is so-so but a good trade off and it is a 60k car. Has a very solid feel. My suggestions: one locking glove box, a little larger seat with the lower seating surface a bit deeper (like my 2002 7 series BMW), a navigation system that you can input on the fly, and easier to reach (when the door is closed) seat controls.

All Wheel Drive Bentley
By Dr. Morton on 08/04/07 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I recently purchased the RRS SC and this SUV has blown my mind. I had seen them around, found them flashy and even considered buying one. However, I never became serious about it until a friend of mine brought his home. The first time I climbed into the RRS I was instantly impressed. The classy styling on the outside transitioned well into the interior. I was at the dealership the next week and now I'm a proud owner of the RRS SC. If you can fit the bill, this car is worth adding to the collection. I drove the BMW 7 Series for years, and I don't think I'll ever go back.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.