2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Review: Pleasant Surprise

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Consumer Review

HSE 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

Pleasant Surprise
By Particular on

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have been amazed by the quality and comfort of this SUV since the day I took delivery a year ago. LR has out done themselves with the Sport. It is the most nimble SUV on the road and the best I have ever owned - and I have owned many SUV's. The style and craftmanship are unsurpassed. It blows my old BMW built SUV away on all counts. Pricey, you say. Hogwash, I say. It's worth every penney! A year on the road and it still turns heads. Handles like a sports car, climbs like a billy goat with power to spare. The air ride suspension is amazing.

Power, suspension, design, fit and finish. This is a pedigree animal from a long line of champions (except the Discovery of course - yuk). The styling of this SUV is highly attractive and the handling superb. Sleeper of a power-house, it's towing capacity is the same as a Hummer H2.

Gas mileage and dependence on premium fuel? But I suppose that's the price to be paid for a high compression motor with a lot of torque.