2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4.2L V8 Supercharger 4x4 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Perfect Compromise

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Consumer Review

Perfect Compromise
By Madox on

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I'm not a fan of SUVs as a class and had to buy this one as the best compromise between performance, luxury, style and utility. The Cayenne is too awkward-looking and cheaply made inside, the BMW X5 is just an AWD car on stills, not an SUV (and too ubiquitous at that). I've put 1K miles on my RRS, problem-free so far. Ride quality is superb. The steering is just right: easy but not overly so. Directional stability is impressive, feels like riding on rails. Build quality is excellent. I'm glad I opted for the supercharged version with all the bells and whistles (DVD at rear including) in the limited edition trim, it does give you that feeling of being treated as someone special.

Favorite Features

Styling (especially light metal front grill and overall shape); driver- oriented cockpit (the big Range Rover feels like you're in a truck, by comparison); Brembo brakes; steering.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see a bit less plastic on the dashboard; side mirrors should have a folding option and a back-up tilt overide feature; steering wheel adjustment should be powered.