2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Best of all worlds!
By BGreig on 08/31/05 06:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I traded a Mercedes S500 and gained a vehicle that handles just as well. Great fun to drive, with the off road capability I needed for recreation. The engine is a dream, and the sport shift works amazingly well to match gear to speed or allow manual shifting. The sport seats provide lots of support, and the leg room is sufficient (I am 6'4").

New purchase
By kungpao on 08/27/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Gorgeous car to drive and very luxurious interior. My favorite is the body style. I looked at several other luxury cars and when this version of the Range Rover came out I was enamored with the price point and I already owned a Land Rover Discovery so I traded it in for this one. Body style really mattered to me so I loved this when it came out. After all the bells and whistles/dvd/rear entertainment/aspen leather/bluetooth/navigation/heated seats etc...It came out to be 63k. It could stand to be a bigger as far as the rear cargo area is concerned, but if I had wanted the LR3 I would've had to give up the rear body style and it was just too boxy for my taste.

Perfect Compromise
By Madox on 08/27/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I'm not a fan of SUVs as a class and had to buy this one as the best compromise between performance, luxury, style and utility. The Cayenne is too awkward-looking and cheaply made inside, the BMW X5 is just an AWD car on stills, not an SUV (and too ubiquitous at that). I've put 1K miles on my RRS, problem-free so far. Ride quality is superb. The steering is just right: easy but not overly so. Directional stability is impressive, feels like riding on rails. Build quality is excellent. I'm glad I opted for the supercharged version with all the bells and whistles (DVD at rear including) in the limited edition trim, it does give you that feeling of being treated as someone special.

Turning Heads
By Aman Sabharwal on 08/10/05 05:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my new RRS. It is sturdy, and the build quality is superb. It is fun to drive and fun to drive over things. Nice turining radius and the air suspension is nice. I applaud LR for using the Denso Navi system (like lexus). Unlike porsche and other makes, there is no cheap plastic inside.

The Ultimate Rover
By Gary A. on 08/09/05 03:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle performs incredibly on any road conditions.Very responsive both in steering, handling, and breaking. I traded in my LR-3 to get into this vehicle. Although the same engine, RR Sport handled better and felt lighter (though RR Sport is about 500 lbs. lighter).The interior is impecable and with the ease of control access in ergonomics and voice activation.I do miss some of the LR3 features such as the additional cup holders located at all side doors and center console.Additionally,the ashtray pullouts in the Sport are limited to only one which cannot accomodate coins.I really enjoy my RR Sport. Get this vehicle with the luxary and cold climate package.It looks cheap/dif without it.

Supercharged Would be a 10
By 3lakeswi on 08/02/05 09:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

So far I love my RRS. The only thing I feel it needs is more hp - although more hp is available for a price. Compared to Porsche Cayenne V8, FX45, BMW X5 4.4 - this was by far the best ride for the money. Just coming up on 1000 miles and have loved every minute of it. It will be interesting to see how it works in Northern Wisconsin winters with the stock tires. Also hope the trade-in value will rival that of BMW.

WOW Land Rover Has Done It Again!!
By Terrie on 07/28/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 2003 Range Rover in for the new 2006 Sport. I enjoy this vehicle so much more than my 2003!! I love driving it and just about everything about it!!

Best of the Best
By Faisal Farooq on 07/16/05 19:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my Escalade ESV for this RR Sport. I just love it. Better Ergonomics, much better quality and handling.

My baby buoy!!!
By maria on 07/16/05 05:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 05 ford mustang gt.For this 06 range rover sport. At first when i saw this vehicle it was love at first sight! To ever think i could afford a vehicle like this was just unimaginable. The ride, safety,and looks are out of this world. This is the best riding vehicle i have ever had and this makes 29 cars in my life time. We love it so much we thought of buying another one. For my husband. The horsepower is also 300 like the mustang so i didnt loose that.But the room is worth the trade. The options my range rover sport has is incredible too. Love the navigation system.The lights that move as you drive.Thats a plus too.This vehicle is the best! I cant' rate it high enough! I just love it!

Fun To DRIVE
By Josh Williams on 07/05/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This veh is a great joy to drive. I think this is one of the BEST veh Land Rover has made.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.