Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Most Helpful|
Wow, Finally
By tod

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I finally found a Range Rover. I love teh sexy look. Just had to get one. Ride is great and unbelievable. Test drive and you will purchase it. I stil get a lot of attention even after two years of ownership. I love this truck. Drives comfortable like a luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

Sound system. Navigation system. Leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Amazing SUV
By mrjohnnycat

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the Rover from a private party, the guy only had 18K in two years. I bought it for 40K it was in perfect condition. I bought someone's supercharged pipes for and put also purchased chrome caps for the side mirrors and most importantly 22" wheels. The car gets a lot of attention! Everyone digs this car because it is very clean but not over the top. We just took it up from Orange County up to Carmel, Northern Cali up PCH and this car drove like a champ! No power lag for a two ton and I avg 18 mpg, not great but hey, if you don't have money you shouldn't be buying this car period. I haven't had any problems from random lights a couple of times put I have been very happy with this car.

Favorite Features

This SUV is a tank, people get out of your way. The Sport is probably the most handsome out of the line. Bluetooth works well with my Blackberry curve. I also really enjoy the cockpit interior vs. the extra space, more sports car feel.

Suggested Improvements

How about the ability to lock your glove compartment? You think after paying 65K it would lock? How about a sunglasses holder and vented drivers seats? Other than that,better gas mileage. I will be the 1st in line if they make a hybrid that gets 20-25 mpg,

RRS S/C 4 ME!!
By midwesting

Fast,nimble,handles like a sports car with true off road ability that few other SUVs can match. Chose the RRS S/C over the Cayenne and could not be happier. SIRIUS,Bluetooth,NAV,active HID headlights,headrest monitors with DVD changer,heated seats - completely loaded. Gas mileage needs improvement but I didn't buy it for gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Interior/Exterior styling - very srtiking compared to the stale FFRR design - looks like nothing else on the road. Goes where others cant off road. Zero to sixty in 6.5 seconds!!!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, weight reduction (6000lbs)

Ignore what people THINK about reliabilty, and listen to what they KNOW
By iloverrs

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Rover Sport HSE 2006 at around 40,000 miles, and now over 40,000 miles later, I can say this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I still haven't changed the brakes (and they've got a good amount of life left), transmission shifts very smoothly. Never had a check engine or any issues. Remember, don't go cheap on your gas quality, and use synthetic oil. change differential fluid every 75,000 miles. Something very important to me is the fact it is chain driven, so no timing belt change is needed! tough suspension for offroading means very little problems regardless how many potholes you go through (youll feel every bump, but it's made tough). Gold

Favorite Features

Style, customization, air suspension to show off for people (lower it, or raise it). taking corners like a sports car because of the anti-roll bars, and in sports mode the suspension gets even tougher because itll pull down on each side thats tipping during a radical move

Suggested Improvements

Keep the good look in the future

Range Rover Sport
By wineangel

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Many problems with our RR Sport. Fuel pump went out at less than 500 mi while we were on the interstate. Car came to complete stop, we were nearly killed. 5 months later the differential went, 1 after that back in shop for transmission problems. Back in shop again today at 1 year with bad alternator. Very unreliable for a $65k car. Love the look, comfort, amenities, etc..., but if the car won't run, none of that really matters does it?

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior appearance. Interior comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Build a car that runs.