2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Sort Reviews by

Very Happy
By Dave

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I love my car! I was really close to buying a garden variety 750i, but am so glad I got on the long waiting list for the Sport. Every time I drive it I get asked about it, and subsequent nods of approval. The interior is comfortable, and the industrial look rubber mats are perfect. The touch screen navigation is much better than last year's knob control, and the variable traction settings worked flawlessly on my road trip from Portland down to the OC. The new Jag engine concerned me while I was waiting for the car, but it is silky smooth. Also, the infamous British electrical system has not given me one problem, so far so good. All I can say is that I am one happy owner.Buy this car

Suggested Improvements

I paid for Bluetooth, which initially didn't work with my Treo 650 - but a recent software upgrade to my phone fixed the issue. No other complaints.

The best
By smith

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This land rover is just like its older brother but is more sportier in the inside and out. It delivers the best quality performance you would like in the price range for this SUV. During the test drive, we went on a 70 degree angle which I thought we were going to tip but the sales lady assured me that these cars were made to do this off road activity and give a sporty atitude at the same time. It's not very powerful, I would compare the power to a BMW X5 3.0. However the Supercharged is very powerful like the X5 4.8. I give this car an A+ in all its capabilities and performance.

Cool Ride
By PANOMARK

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great ride on the road and get lots of complements. Very comfortable and I love the looks. Not easy to lay down the second seat due to front seat leaning back to far. If you don't need lots of room in the rear, it's a great vehicle. Compared to the BMW, much more practicle and will keep it's value.

Favorite Features

Navigation, wide tires/rims,outside cosmetics, cool interior. Worth it's money. Not a bad color in the line.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, second seat laying down(not easy) more room or length in back.

Roving Rover
By John Paul

I can't say enough about how pleased I am with my Sport SC. Great fit and finish iside and out. Better than the 1997 full size Rover I owned which treated me well. I own a Vesuvius Orange and it turns heads wherever I go.

Favorite Features

20 Inch Stormer Wheels, Vesuvius Orange Color, Dark Wood Trim and Matching Optional Trim Kit

Suggested Improvements

More Horsepower

Spot On
By jjs57

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle was bought to replace the Lexus GX 470, it is far superior to the Lexus and it a real pleasure to drive. They thought of everything, already own the Range Rover and could not be happier with the new body style and cockpit design.

Favorite Features

New body style, "cokpit" design and addition of satellite radio. Bluetooth for phone and overall build quality

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders are not a plentiful as the Range Rover but that is it

My RRS HSE
By Charlie

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck the weekend it was available to the public back in July of 2005. I can't tell you the goose bumps I'd get when people on the street turned their heads to check it out, saying, "I thinks that's the NEW Range Rover Sport", and "NICE TRUCK!" I still have the same sense of excitement every time I start the ignition now at 5,500 miles as I did the day I bought it! If you are looking for a sports sedan - scrap that - a sports car feel but in a full-time all wheel drive luxury SUV, this is your vehicle. I challenge you this...if you have the means, just test drive it and I bet you buy one.

Favorite Features

Voice integrated phone system with a yellow pages type directory built right into the trucks computer. 600-watt, 14-speaker Harmon Kardon audio system. Sleek exterior styling unmatched by any other SUV I have ever seen.

Suggested Improvements

An all windows "up and down" button A motorized rear hatch

RR Sport Rocks
By billb

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Simply a pleasure...Everthing about the car says luxury and cornering in this vehicle is a breeze. This SUV is made for someone looking for that "sport car feel" with all the off road capability. To me that gives you the best of both worlds. That being said if you need the the absolute best from both worlds don't expect this car to deliver. It is made to handle almost anything not outperform everything.

Favorite Features

Exterior style is second to none, bluetooth and the engine gives you a complete response.

Suggested Improvements

Location of power door lock button is suspect

Best of Breed
By Flyer

This is the fifteenth Land Rover I have had include RRs, Disco, D-90s and even another Sport. It is the fastest, best equipped, smartest looking vehicle LR has made. It performs well in all modes and brings to the driving experience the combination of luxury and on/off road performance with several driving options.

Favorite Features

GPS, although a bit difficult at first, is superior to any I've seen even providing a panoply of "views". Radio is tops, seats very comfortable. Choice of driving modes and condition settings.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel settings should be electronic in a nearly 80K vehicle. Side view mirrors should retract automatically. Doors should close easier and rear gate should be electronic closing. Headrests in front seats should be adjustable.

Range Rover Sport Rocks
By mmec

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

If you're looking for an SUV that drives as smooth as a luxury sedan, handles like a sports car, plush interior, and is a real off road vehicle...look no further then the Range Rover Sport. Best in its class, best on the road

Favorite Features

Where to start? Everything works the way it's supposed to..from bumper to bumper.

Suggested Improvements

the only flaw is, the rear passenger seatbelt guide has a tendency to come off (when no passenger is in the seat)

FUN FUN FUN
By bp

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a Volvo XC90 for this Sport and that was a great decision. Drives wonderfully and is a SOLID vehicle. Love the nav sys., sat. and voice command. British accent is so cool!

Favorite Features

Love the nav. sys. and warning beepers in bumpers!. You get used to having them real quick. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Need to update the bluetooth phone acceptance system. My nextel works sporadically and dlrshp says not to use as it can damage nav. sys. Better get sys. updgraded pretty soon. Want to utilize this feature.