2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Pleasant Surprise
By Particular on 10/17/06 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have been amazed by the quality and comfort of this SUV since the day I took delivery a year ago. LR has out done themselves with the Sport. It is the most nimble SUV on the road and the best I have ever owned - and I have owned many SUV's. The style and craftmanship are unsurpassed. It blows my old BMW built SUV away on all counts. Pricey, you say. Hogwash, I say. It's worth every penney! A year on the road and it still turns heads. Handles like a sports car, climbs like a billy goat with power to spare. The air ride suspension is amazing.

Sport Rocks!
By KRBJr. on 10/16/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Best looking SUV on the planet. Ride and handling are close to the best as well. A real head turner with the guts to do more off road than most are willing to try. A keeper.

Sporty, Luxury -- Fun to Drive!
By Rick on 10/15/06 21:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is mostly just simply a lot of fun to drive. It handles great (for an SUV), feels solid and tight, looks great (you can judge for yourself) --- and wraps you in luxury and more options than I can count. The sound system is outstanding - the best I have ever had in a vehicle (including high-end Mercedes). This is my first Land Rover product and I have been very impressed by the overall quaity of the interior and exterior fit and finish, and the overall feeling of sportiness and luxury. Also, it is actually very spacious on the inside.

Durning 1st Year of Ownership
By 2006_rrs on 10/15/06 21:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle inside out. I love the look of the RRS. Customer Services were great at both location in S. CA area. Problems that I had during my 1st year of ownership: Suspension Faults, compressor problems, Tailgate struts failure, Brakes squeeks after a few thousand miles, Engine Light comes on often, car shut's off by itself very often, Clicking Noise when making turns, rough transmission shifting at low speed, Spent 40+ days in shop. When vehicle is out of the shop: turns head, nice sound system with 6 cd changer that plays MP3. Est. 170 songs per CD. Nice driving position, Air Suspension, Touchscreen Navi & Radio is separate on dash. A++.

Unbelievable
By headhunter on 09/08/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Being a previous owner of 4 Range Rovers and the BMW one can appreciate the differences between them.First off build quality has without a doubt improved through the years, the terrian response system for off roading is nothing short of stellar, and yes i really take it off road. The redesign of the a- pillar has quieted the wind noise nicely from the 2003 rover. The rrs has more room than the X5, rides better etc. A friend has the cayenne s very similar performance with the rover having a much better package (upscale in every department). In short a great car!!!

The Ultimate Luxury SUV
By Flash G on 09/02/06 00:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE for the new Range Rover Sport HSE. You get the best of both worlds with the Range Rover Sport: The classic Range Rover styling and off-road capabilities coupled with the performance of a luxury sedan. The design of this vehicle is very upmarket. It is a handsome car. The interior quality is excellent. I have the very rare upgraded "Ivory" leather and cherry wood which looks much more opulent than the darker "Alpaca" and standard black "Ebony" interior. It looks and feels like a fine British coach. (I do wish the seats had darker piping like the big Rover.) Excellent power, handling and ride. Electronics are top notch. All A+

Just loving my SRR
By HISNHER on 08/26/06 23:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had the 03 HSE. that was too big. this is the car! When you step on the gas this car flies! I just love it

Bonatti Grey RRS SUPERCHARGED
By Tsai on 08/19/06 23:55 PM (PDT)

Great vehicle, fun to drive, strong performance, great handling and turns heads everywhere I go. I have only had one consistent problem and that is a "Faulty suspension" indicator that keeps coming on and locking the vehicle in standard height. I have to then restart the car in order to get it to go away. It's finicky and can happen several times in a day. Other than that, one of the best vehicles I ever bought.

best car i've ever owned
By vanessa on 08/09/06 10:10 AM (PDT)

this is the best car i've ever owned. i've had 6 of the largest range rovers and switched for fun. it is a ball and everything it's advertised as. great car!

Range Rover Sport
By wineangel on 08/02/06 12:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Many problems with our RR Sport. Fuel pump went out at less than 500 mi while we were on the interstate. Car came to complete stop, we were nearly killed. 5 months later the differential went, 1 after that back in shop for transmission problems. Back in shop again today at 1 year with bad alternator. Very unreliable for a $65k car. Love the look, comfort, amenities, etc..., but if the car won't run, none of that really matters does it?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.