2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Dont buy a RR Sport
By larry on 12/22/07 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Have owned the vehicle for one year and driven approx. 20k miles. Have had it in the shop 8 times for numerous issues, some still remain. Asked if they would replace or purchase the vehicle and get me out of my nightmare, with no success. Problems with vehicle include brakes, parking sensors, suspension, sway bars, tires, power mirrors, not starting, transmission sensor, engine lights, rattles, etc. Will never own another Range Rover, period.

Garbage RRS
By Garbage RRS on 11/27/07 18:37 PM (PST)

Great looking RRS, but this car stinks in reliability! 390 horses and it doesn't feel like it. I got smoked by a BMW X5 4.8is. I tell you, who ever thinks this car is some kind of performance machine, is a fool. I have had this thing in the shop for half of the time I've owned it. Garbage! Traded it in and bought a 2006 BMW X5 4.8is. Now this is a car. Talk about having some B-lls!

Almost Perfect
By jmr1967 on 10/22/07 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The build quality is great, and I have had no problems wiht the car over two years and 25000 miles. Great for road tripping, being stuck in LA traffic, or a moderately spirited drive on some country roads. Plenty of power, competent off road (yes I really have taking it off road), and it can pull my Defender 90 on a trailer.

Major dissapointment
By Dissatisfied on 05/20/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We have owned multiple luxury SUV's including Lexus, BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne and this is by far the worst vehicle and service experience we have ever had. The sunroof leaks, the glove compartment rattles, the rear-view mirror shakes and overall quality of vehicle does not seem good. Poor acceleration and extremely hard ride. We have owned for less than 1 year and are already looking to get rid of it.

Wow, Finally
By tod on 03/30/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

I finally found a Range Rover. I love teh sexy look. Just had to get one. Ride is great and unbelievable. Test drive and you will purchase it. I stil get a lot of attention even after two years of ownership. I love this truck. Drives comfortable like a luxury sedan.

great on the outside
By great on the outside on 01/28/07 10:56 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 6 months and want out of it. I had the 04' Range Rover with the BMW engine and loved the car. I thought the new Sport style was really hot, so I changed models. what a mistake. It's a lot smaller, and seats are not comfortable. The bluetooth is great to have. The side bags for storage are too hard to get to. The center console is narrow and the cooler is great if it was able to fit a normal size water bottle. Key ignition is too hard to get to and the other keys on my chain touch my leg! Car lags and jolts into another gear from a slow stop, drives me nuts!

Looks Great - Poor Quality
By Jon on 12/23/06 15:00 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is FUN to drive! There is no question about it. The exterior lines of the car are beautiful. The interior craftsmanship of the car are well appointed. The options and some of the gadgets (GPS/Satellite Radio/Climate control etc) are very basic in style and function. If you compare other cars in the same price range, Rover comes up on the short end of the stick for what you are paying for with how things were not integrated into a central console. The car has been in the shop over 3 times for an "ECU" related issue and has spent more time in the shop than on the road w/me driving it. If you want the prestige of owning a Rover it's fun to drive, be prepared for headaches that can come

Sitting Pretty
By College Dude on 11/25/06 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the Range Rover Sport because I wanted something that not many people drove. I was originally going to get a luxury sport sedan of some sort, but I fell in love with this Range. The exterior is what really brought me to buy it. It is extremely sleek and sexy. I get looks everywhere I go. The interior really surrounds you and makes you feel like you are part of the car. The only draw back that prevented me from buying it the day that I saw it was the Land Rover's terrible reliability. The dealer assured me that those days were over, but within a week of my purchase, some suspension lights came on. I got that fixed and haven't had a problem since. This car stands out.

Transmission Erratic
By SUV Driver on 11/12/06 01:41 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Truck drags between gears when rpm is at 2000 and speed of 70 mph or greater. Problem is repeatable. When i took to the shop they gave me a loaner and it does the same thing. I like the car but the tranny needs work. Good service and the car looks great.

Rose with a thorn
By S. Colson on 11/01/06 21:12 PM (PST)

Bought my supercharged RRS loaded, including factor DVD and adaptive cruise control which were options I really didn't have much interest in. Factory DVD system requires headphones with wires, but...they don't come with this $70k+ vehicle. Adaptive cruise control makes interstate trips a real joy...set your cruising speed and forget about putting your foot on the gas pedal or brake. Transmission downshifts around town for this heavy SUV take a toll on gas mileage. Seats are adjustable, but still a little too firm. Acceleration and exhaust note are great. Lots of looks and compliments on this red beauty with 20-inch wheels. Wife loves it too!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.