Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Looks great but disappointed!
By udman2

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love the looks. Had to change out the Continental Tires that were stock. 3 of the 4 had side wall issues. Dealership said must be abuse but I am 46, driven all prior cars with no accidents, no abuse and have done nothing but normal with this vehicle. Chromed wheels at same time. Looks great. Went off=road 2 times into real estate development on new roads just cleared. Both times in area where several other vehicles had 0 problems the RRS had issues and damage underneath. CHEAP< CHEAP ALLUMINUM shield (not steel) just crumples if contact anything. Underside sits so low (even w/ veh in hi) had damage at 2 - 3 mph over cleared area. 0 issues with Suburban.

Looks

Extra outlets. Better tires on stock.

Our dream suv !!
By MGB

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Could not be happier with this purchase. I traded in my BMW X5 4.4 toward the purchase of this and I am so pleased to have done so. Never thought a Land Rover would drive even better than a BMW! The whole family loves it. The Best SUV I have ever owned. (Have owned 9 Previously). This vehicle is incredibly well engineered. Serious Curb Appeal! Can't Wait to take the first long trip with it. Only Problem with it is you don't realize how fast you are moving in a nearly 6000 LB vehicle because it is so smooth and quiet.

The Power, Performance and Handling are exceptional! Rear entertainment package is great for the baby. Brembo brakes. Best Touch Screen Navigation I have seen. Amazing stereo system...It Kicks!!! Upgraded to the Cherry Wood Steering Wheel and Shifter and it was worth it.The CLASSY SPORTY LOOK!

My Main Gripe is that it does not come with power Folding side mirrors or power adjustment steering wheel. No iPod Integration!! Needs Automatic one touch on all windows not just driver.The interior room is a little tight. Improve gas mileage. A much Larger sun roof. Better All Weather Tires!!

Supercharged about my Supercharged
By p

I love this truck. I looked at, and drove, virtually every high-end SUV on the market. Nothing came close to the RRS Supercharged in terms of style, ride and power.

Power. Looks - turns lots of heads. She drives like a sportscar wrapped in a rhino's skin. Bluetooth technology is fantastic - works flawlessly with my Verizon phone. Nav., Sirius Radio, DVD and voice commands are great as well.

Not much. However, a back-up camera within the nav. would be nice.

awesome drive
By jenni

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

this is truly the most incredible vehicle i have ever driven. when you drive it you do not want to get out! However, It drinks alot of gas. Awesome car!

body style, power, seat comfort, incredibly smooth ride

bad gas mileage

Great Car
By lee crosse

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love being in my RRS. Writing from the UK where I drive a diesel. 29 mpg on a decent run. After 24,000 miles in 7 months (including a 2500 mile round trip to Poland after having taken delivery of the car 2 days before) I can safely say this is the best car I've driven. Quiet and smooth and when cruise control set to 100mph on German autobahns it's a dream. Very few niggles in my first 24,000 miles: warning lights often come on for no reason; dipping wing mirrors sometimes don't come back up, and problems finding the correct snow chains. But otherwise this car is FAB!!!!

Great ride.

Small amount of turbo lag. Faulty switches. Increase the range of mobile phones that are compatible with its systems.