2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Dreams Can Come True!!!
By Barry on 06/19/10 04:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I purchased this very at a very high mileage and this is significant because it speaks directly to its reliability. Mine has a 73K (highway mileage)when purchased and people ask me if this was a 2010 model. It was customized by previous owner that some of its current features are incorporated in the 2010 models I saw for sale. Awesome SUV in and out. Great sound system, handling and lots of POWER. Quick stopping brakes. Needless to say its a head turner. If you gonna get one get supercharged, that's when you can feel the punch more. Previous owner had no major issues and vehicle is in excellent condition. One problem I have a couple of days ago is tire air sensor is bad. Good resale value.

RRS S/C 4 ME!!
By midwesting on 08/14/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

Fast,nimble,handles like a sports car with true off road ability that few other SUVs can match. Chose the RRS S/C over the Cayenne and could not be happier. SIRIUS,Bluetooth,NAV,active HID headlights,headrest monitors with DVD changer,heated seats - completely loaded. Gas mileage needs improvement but I didn't buy it for gas mileage.

Fun in the Snow
By caskier on 09/11/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

Bought this car new in Feb '06 primarily to drive from LA to Mammoth Mtn and ski (300 miles each eay). Only problems involved a leak from the front differential after 6000 miles. Dealer replaced 3-times under warranty. Brakes are expensive to replace, but love the stopping power. RRS is great vehicle in the snow, traction and handling are great. I use a different set of wheels and snow/ice tires for the winter. Great heated seats. Back seat is not very comfortable, should be able to recline.

Rover Sport-Totally Unreliable
By EMannis on 08/24/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

Bought the RR Sport Brand new in April 2006. This vehicle has been in for service for major issues. Has been towed 3-4 times, major service problems 5-6 times. If you buy a RR Sport be prepared to trade it after the warranty is up. I have been driving for 30 years and owned several different vehicles both domestic and foreign. I have never had problems like I have encountered with the Range Rover Sport. I was warned but didn't listen.

Dont buy a RR Sport
By larry on 12/22/07 19:47 PM (PST)

Have owned the vehicle for one year and driven approx. 20k miles. Have had it in the shop 8 times for numerous issues, some still remain. Asked if they would replace or purchase the vehicle and get me out of my nightmare, with no success. Problems with vehicle include brakes, parking sensors, suspension, sway bars, tires, power mirrors, not starting, transmission sensor, engine lights, rattles, etc. Will never own another Range Rover, period.

Garbage RRS
By Garbage RRS on 11/27/07 18:37 PM (PST)

Great looking RRS, but this car stinks in reliability! 390 horses and it doesn't feel like it. I got smoked by a BMW X5 4.8is. I tell you, who ever thinks this car is some kind of performance machine, is a fool. I have had this thing in the shop for half of the time I've owned it. Garbage! Traded it in and bought a 2006 BMW X5 4.8is. Now this is a car. Talk about having some B-lls!

Wow, Finally
By tod on 03/30/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

I finally found a Range Rover. I love teh sexy look. Just had to get one. Ride is great and unbelievable. Test drive and you will purchase it. I stil get a lot of attention even after two years of ownership. I love this truck. Drives comfortable like a luxury sedan.

Rose with a thorn
By S. Colson on 11/01/06 21:12 PM (PST)

Bought my supercharged RRS loaded, including factor DVD and adaptive cruise control which were options I really didn't have much interest in. Factory DVD system requires headphones with wires, but...they don't come with this $70k+ vehicle. Adaptive cruise control makes interstate trips a real joy...set your cruising speed and forget about putting your foot on the gas pedal or brake. Transmission downshifts around town for this heavy SUV take a toll on gas mileage. Seats are adjustable, but still a little too firm. Acceleration and exhaust note are great. Lots of looks and compliments on this red beauty with 20-inch wheels. Wife loves it too!

Unbelievable
By headhunter on 09/08/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

Being a previous owner of 4 Range Rovers and the BMW one can appreciate the differences between them.First off build quality has without a doubt improved through the years, the terrian response system for off roading is nothing short of stellar, and yes i really take it off road. The redesign of the a- pillar has quieted the wind noise nicely from the 2003 rover. The rrs has more room than the X5, rides better etc. A friend has the cayenne s very similar performance with the rover having a much better package (upscale in every department). In short a great car!!!

Bonatti Grey RRS SUPERCHARGED
By Tsai on 08/19/06 23:55 PM (PDT)

Great vehicle, fun to drive, strong performance, great handling and turns heads everywhere I go. I have only had one consistent problem and that is a "Faulty suspension" indicator that keeps coming on and locking the vehicle in standard height. I have to then restart the car in order to get it to go away. It's finicky and can happen several times in a day. Other than that, one of the best vehicles I ever bought.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.