Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE SUV Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Absolutely fantastic car !!!
By Brian McK.

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My search was nationwide and I found one with only 49k miles, one owner, 18 LR service records, in the rare and beautiful Rimini Red (only abou t3-4% of RRS's) on Long Island. I added some aftermarket bling of shiny mirror covers, stainless door handles $79 and pillar covers $69 to really set it off. Just the right amount of bling. also added running boards from eBay for $183. Northeast Rovers have them in the exact same pattern and charge $1150...??? Everyone that sees it loves the color and the added bits really make it stand out. I like the panache of a Range Rover in the Midwest. I drive all over from Madison, WI to Morgantown, WV and in 5,000 miles could count the other RR's I saw on the road on one hand. In SoCal you might see that many parked in one LA city block. The ride is smooth and super comfortable and in a late midwest snowstorm of 8-10" it handled like a champ. Surefooted and secure. comfort and safety are primary concerns for me and being able to get to my destination. On the highway doing a steady 75 mph my gas mileage has actually been a pleasant surprise of 20.7 mpg. I added and aftermarket electronic module for $69 and my highway mileage is now an incredible 23.8 over 2000 miles. City mileage is 17.4 ! If you take it easy and pretend you are back in the 1980's and drive 55 mph you will find the mileage for the highway actually in the 27.5 to 28.3 range for the car. The sound system HarmonKardon is absolutely incredible and thoroughly enjoyed with my extensive music collection. The NAV system which is DVD based is dated and I do not evne use as I use my smartphone for this purpose. the only complaint that I have is the location of the Aux input is bizarrely and awkwardly placed behind the center console and requires connections to be run from the rear seat area to the front for use of my Ipod. Plan on being a RRS guy for life although the stylistic changes made in the 2014 especially to the front end rear ends and with the lights removed too much from the boxy lines and removed some of the character from the car model appearance.

Ignore what people THINK about reliabilty, and listen to what they KNOW
By iloverrs

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Rover Sport HSE 2006 at around 40,000 miles, and now over 40,000 miles later, I can say this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I still haven't changed the brakes (and they've got a good amount of life left), transmission shifts very smoothly. Never had a check engine or any issues.

Remember, don't go cheap on your gas quality, and use synthetic oil. change differential fluid every 75,000 miles.

Something very important to me is the fact it is chain driven, so no timing belt change is needed! tough suspension for offroading means very little problems regardless how many potholes you go through (youll feel every bump, but it's made tough). Gold

Style, customization, air suspension to show off for people (lower it, or raise it). taking corners like a sports car because of the anti-roll bars, and in sports mode the suspension gets even tougher because itll pull down on each side thats tipping during a radical move

Keep the good look in the future

Emphasize Sport in SUV
By J.D. Giovinazzo

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great SUV that's fun to drive. This heavy vehicle is a bit thirsty for fuel, about 16.5 avg. It is a very quality built machine that moves well in sport mode, and even better in the well positioned manual mode. I've driven several vehicles in manual mode and this vehicle is the easiest and ergo thoughtful of all of them, less vehicles with paddle shifters. The interior is classy and with the real wood trim, looks great. With the weight of this vehicle, be prepared to replace brakes every 30k or so, depending on driving habits. The brakes will run about $1,400 at the dealership. Only issue is the rear tailgate struts went out, otherwise, great Sport UV. JG

Fun to drive, great styling, well appointed, comfortable. Soaks up big bumps well and has a quality European feel.

Brakes well, but don't last long. Sunroof drain vents crimped, covered under warranty. Rear tailgate struts don't work. Rear headsets block rear view when up. Should have power steering tilt. Towing package should be standard, lites ($200) and hitch ($300)!

Amazing SUV
By mrjohnnycat

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the Rover from a private party, the guy only had 18K in two years. I bought it for 40K it was in perfect condition. I bought someone's supercharged pipes for and put also purchased chrome caps for the side mirrors and most importantly 22" wheels. The car gets a lot of attention! Everyone digs this car because it is very clean but not over the top. We just took it up from Orange County up to Carmel, Northern Cali up PCH and this car drove like a champ! No power lag for a two ton and I avg 18 mpg, not great but hey, if you don't have money you shouldn't be buying this car period. I haven't had any problems from random lights a couple of times put I have been very happy with this car.

This SUV is a tank, people get out of your way. The Sport is probably the most handsome out of the line. Bluetooth works well with my Blackberry curve. I also really enjoy the cockpit interior vs. the extra space, more sports car feel.

How about the ability to lock your glove compartment? You think after paying 65K it would lock? How about a sunglasses holder and vented drivers seats? Other than that,better gas mileage. I will be the 1st in line if they make a hybrid that gets 20-25 mpg,

Mistake
By Simon

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Leasing this car was a big mistake. NO acceleration, car is sleepy, I have to change brakes every 10K miles ($600 each time) Rear hood is pain. But the most painful part is combination PRICE/QUALITY. My advice: think twice.