2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Ignore what people THINK about reliabilty, and listen to what they KNOW
By iloverrs on 04/20/12 12:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Rover Sport HSE 2006 at around 40,000 miles, and now over 40,000 miles later, I can say this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I still haven't changed the brakes (and they've got a good amount of life left), transmission shifts very smoothly. Never had a check engine or any issues. Remember, don't go cheap on your gas quality, and use synthetic oil. change differential fluid every 75,000 miles. Something very important to me is the fact it is chain driven, so no timing belt change is needed! tough suspension for offroading means very little problems regardless how many potholes you go through (youll feel every bump, but it's made tough). Gold

Emphasize Sport in SUV
By J.D. Giovinazzo on 07/20/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great SUV that's fun to drive. This heavy vehicle is a bit thirsty for fuel, about 16.5 avg. It is a very quality built machine that moves well in sport mode, and even better in the well positioned manual mode. I've driven several vehicles in manual mode and this vehicle is the easiest and ergo thoughtful of all of them, less vehicles with paddle shifters. The interior is classy and with the real wood trim, looks great. With the weight of this vehicle, be prepared to replace brakes every 30k or so, depending on driving habits. The brakes will run about $1,400 at the dealership. Only issue is the rear tailgate struts went out, otherwise, great Sport UV. JG

Amazing SUV
By mrjohnnycat on 06/28/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the Rover from a private party, the guy only had 18K in two years. I bought it for 40K it was in perfect condition. I bought someone's supercharged pipes for and put also purchased chrome caps for the side mirrors and most importantly 22" wheels. The car gets a lot of attention! Everyone digs this car because it is very clean but not over the top. We just took it up from Orange County up to Carmel, Northern Cali up PCH and this car drove like a champ! No power lag for a two ton and I avg 18 mpg, not great but hey, if you don't have money you shouldn't be buying this car period. I haven't had any problems from random lights a couple of times put I have been very happy with this car.

Mistake
By Simon on 05/07/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Leasing this car was a big mistake. NO acceleration, car is sleepy, I have to change brakes every 10K miles ($600 each time) Rear hood is pain. But the most painful part is combination PRICE/QUALITY. My advice: think twice.

Love it!
By Rover Mom on 03/14/08 05:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car brand new. I had an MB E Class. The Rover sport is cute seems a little small when all adults are in the vehicle. I've been told the head rest are uncomfortable in the rear. I had a short in one of my headlights the 1st month I owned the car. I dropped it at the dealer they gave me a loaner, I picked it up 3 days later and never had the problem again. I just got rotors and brakes all around $1500, I never had such a high maintenance bill ever! I love the Rover sport I just wish it was a little more roomy, better on gas, and it's a little slow to take off, have to work speed up. I'm thinking about going to the full size HSE, but I wonder will it be worth it...

I still love it after 33K mi.
By Emmett_III on 01/13/08 20:19 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After 33K mi, I have had zero problems. My only visits to the dealership are for the free maintenance included with the purchase.

Almost Perfect
By jmr1967 on 10/22/07 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The build quality is great, and I have had no problems wiht the car over two years and 25000 miles. Great for road tripping, being stuck in LA traffic, or a moderately spirited drive on some country roads. Plenty of power, competent off road (yes I really have taking it off road), and it can pull my Defender 90 on a trailer.

Major dissapointment
By Dissatisfied on 05/20/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We have owned multiple luxury SUV's including Lexus, BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne and this is by far the worst vehicle and service experience we have ever had. The sunroof leaks, the glove compartment rattles, the rear-view mirror shakes and overall quality of vehicle does not seem good. Poor acceleration and extremely hard ride. We have owned for less than 1 year and are already looking to get rid of it.

great on the outside
By great on the outside on 01/28/07 10:56 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 6 months and want out of it. I had the 04' Range Rover with the BMW engine and loved the car. I thought the new Sport style was really hot, so I changed models. what a mistake. It's a lot smaller, and seats are not comfortable. The bluetooth is great to have. The side bags for storage are too hard to get to. The center console is narrow and the cooler is great if it was able to fit a normal size water bottle. Key ignition is too hard to get to and the other keys on my chain touch my leg! Car lags and jolts into another gear from a slow stop, drives me nuts!

Looks Great - Poor Quality
By Jon on 12/23/06 15:00 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is FUN to drive! There is no question about it. The exterior lines of the car are beautiful. The interior craftsmanship of the car are well appointed. The options and some of the gadgets (GPS/Satellite Radio/Climate control etc) are very basic in style and function. If you compare other cars in the same price range, Rover comes up on the short end of the stick for what you are paying for with how things were not integrated into a central console. The car has been in the shop over 3 times for an "ECU" related issue and has spent more time in the shop than on the road w/me driving it. If you want the prestige of owning a Rover it's fun to drive, be prepared for headaches that can come

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.