Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:

Ignore what people THINK about reliabilty, and listen to what they KNOW
By iloverrs

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Rover Sport HSE 2006 at around 40,000 miles, and now over 40,000 miles later, I can say this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I still haven't changed the brakes (and they've got a good amount of life left), transmission shifts very smoothly. Never had a check engine or any issues. Remember, don't go cheap on your gas quality, and use synthetic oil. change differential fluid every 75,000 miles. Something very important to me is the fact it is chain driven, so no timing belt change is needed! tough suspension for offroading means very little problems regardless how many potholes you go through (youll feel every bump, but it's made tough). Gold

Style, customization, air suspension to show off for people (lower it, or raise it). taking corners like a sports car because of the anti-roll bars, and in sports mode the suspension gets even tougher because itll pull down on each side thats tipping during a radical move

Keep the good look in the future

Dreams Can Come True!!!
By Barry

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I purchased this very at a very high mileage and this is significant because it speaks directly to its reliability. Mine has a 73K (highway mileage)when purchased and people ask me if this was a 2010 model. It was customized by previous owner that some of its current features are incorporated in the 2010 models I saw for sale. Awesome SUV in and out. Great sound system, handling and lots of POWER. Quick stopping brakes. Needless to say its a head turner. If you gonna get one get supercharged, that's when you can feel the punch more. Previous owner had no major issues and vehicle is in excellent condition. One problem I have a couple of days ago is tire air sensor is bad. Good resale value.

Integrated phone system, quick response, stability, drive like a car, nice bucket seats, side impact airbag, navigation with British accent (tickles), awesome sound system with factory sub-woofer,(makes you think you are in a concert hall)

Needs locking glove compartments, locking gas tank, window buttons too far, armrest a little old fashion for a sport UT, Gas mileage can be improved

RRS S/C 4 ME!!
By midwesting

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Fast,nimble,handles like a sports car with true off road ability that few other SUVs can match. Chose the RRS S/C over the Cayenne and could not be happier. SIRIUS,Bluetooth,NAV,active HID headlights,headrest monitors with DVD changer,heated seats - completely loaded. Gas mileage needs improvement but I didn't buy it for gas mileage.

Interior/Exterior styling - very srtiking compared to the stale FFRR design - looks like nothing else on the road. Goes where others cant off road. Zero to sixty in 6.5 seconds!!!

Gas mileage, weight reduction (6000lbs)

Fun in the Snow
By caskier

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought this car new in Feb '06 primarily to drive from LA to Mammoth Mtn and ski (300 miles each eay). Only problems involved a leak from the front differential after 6000 miles. Dealer replaced 3-times under warranty. Brakes are expensive to replace, but love the stopping power. RRS is great vehicle in the snow, traction and handling are great. I use a different set of wheels and snow/ice tires for the winter. Great heated seats. Back seat is not very comfortable, should be able to recline.

Love the active cruise control, works extremely well on those long road trips up the mountain.

Need heater/cooling controls for backseats and headrests that are comfortable. Better mileage would be great.

Rover Sport-Totally Unreliable
By EMannis

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought the RR Sport Brand new in April 2006. This vehicle has been in for service for major issues. Has been towed 3-4 times, major service problems 5-6 times. If you buy a RR Sport be prepared to trade it after the warranty is up. I have been driving for 30 years and owned several different vehicles both domestic and foreign. I have never had problems like I have encountered with the Range Rover Sport. I was warned but didn't listen.

Road side assistance. It's what I used the most.

Make it a reliable vehicle. I finally got to where I never knew if I would be stranded or not.