2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Ignore what people THINK about reliabilty, and listen to what they KNOW
By iloverrs on 04/20/12 12:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Rover Sport HSE 2006 at around 40,000 miles, and now over 40,000 miles later, I can say this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I still haven't changed the brakes (and they've got a good amount of life left), transmission shifts very smoothly. Never had a check engine or any issues. Remember, don't go cheap on your gas quality, and use synthetic oil. change differential fluid every 75,000 miles. Something very important to me is the fact it is chain driven, so no timing belt change is needed! tough suspension for offroading means very little problems regardless how many potholes you go through (youll feel every bump, but it's made tough). Gold

Dreams Can Come True!!!
By Barry on 06/19/10 04:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I purchased this very at a very high mileage and this is significant because it speaks directly to its reliability. Mine has a 73K (highway mileage)when purchased and people ask me if this was a 2010 model. It was customized by previous owner that some of its current features are incorporated in the 2010 models I saw for sale. Awesome SUV in and out. Great sound system, handling and lots of POWER. Quick stopping brakes. Needless to say its a head turner. If you gonna get one get supercharged, that's when you can feel the punch more. Previous owner had no major issues and vehicle is in excellent condition. One problem I have a couple of days ago is tire air sensor is bad. Good resale value.

RRS S/C 4 ME!!
By midwesting on 08/14/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Fast,nimble,handles like a sports car with true off road ability that few other SUVs can match. Chose the RRS S/C over the Cayenne and could not be happier. SIRIUS,Bluetooth,NAV,active HID headlights,headrest monitors with DVD changer,heated seats - completely loaded. Gas mileage needs improvement but I didn't buy it for gas mileage.

Fun in the Snow
By caskier on 09/11/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought this car new in Feb '06 primarily to drive from LA to Mammoth Mtn and ski (300 miles each eay). Only problems involved a leak from the front differential after 6000 miles. Dealer replaced 3-times under warranty. Brakes are expensive to replace, but love the stopping power. RRS is great vehicle in the snow, traction and handling are great. I use a different set of wheels and snow/ice tires for the winter. Great heated seats. Back seat is not very comfortable, should be able to recline.

Rover Sport-Totally Unreliable
By EMannis on 08/24/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Bought the RR Sport Brand new in April 2006. This vehicle has been in for service for major issues. Has been towed 3-4 times, major service problems 5-6 times. If you buy a RR Sport be prepared to trade it after the warranty is up. I have been driving for 30 years and owned several different vehicles both domestic and foreign. I have never had problems like I have encountered with the Range Rover Sport. I was warned but didn't listen.

Emphasize Sport in SUV
By J.D. Giovinazzo on 07/20/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great SUV that's fun to drive. This heavy vehicle is a bit thirsty for fuel, about 16.5 avg. It is a very quality built machine that moves well in sport mode, and even better in the well positioned manual mode. I've driven several vehicles in manual mode and this vehicle is the easiest and ergo thoughtful of all of them, less vehicles with paddle shifters. The interior is classy and with the real wood trim, looks great. With the weight of this vehicle, be prepared to replace brakes every 30k or so, depending on driving habits. The brakes will run about $1,400 at the dealership. Only issue is the rear tailgate struts went out, otherwise, great Sport UV. JG

Amazing SUV
By mrjohnnycat on 06/28/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the Rover from a private party, the guy only had 18K in two years. I bought it for 40K it was in perfect condition. I bought someone's supercharged pipes for and put also purchased chrome caps for the side mirrors and most importantly 22" wheels. The car gets a lot of attention! Everyone digs this car because it is very clean but not over the top. We just took it up from Orange County up to Carmel, Northern Cali up PCH and this car drove like a champ! No power lag for a two ton and I avg 18 mpg, not great but hey, if you don't have money you shouldn't be buying this car period. I haven't had any problems from random lights a couple of times put I have been very happy with this car.

Mistake
By Simon on 05/07/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Leasing this car was a big mistake. NO acceleration, car is sleepy, I have to change brakes every 10K miles ($600 each time) Rear hood is pain. But the most painful part is combination PRICE/QUALITY. My advice: think twice.

Love it!
By Rover Mom on 03/14/08 05:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this car brand new. I had an MB E Class. The Rover sport is cute seems a little small when all adults are in the vehicle. I've been told the head rest are uncomfortable in the rear. I had a short in one of my headlights the 1st month I owned the car. I dropped it at the dealer they gave me a loaner, I picked it up 3 days later and never had the problem again. I just got rotors and brakes all around $1500, I never had such a high maintenance bill ever! I love the Rover sport I just wish it was a little more roomy, better on gas, and it's a little slow to take off, have to work speed up. I'm thinking about going to the full size HSE, but I wonder will it be worth it...

I still love it after 33K mi.
By Emmett_III on 01/13/08 20:19 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After 33K mi, I have had zero problems. My only visits to the dealership are for the free maintenance included with the purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.