Love my Evoque
By ggolds5 on
2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus 2dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)
I bought a 2014 Evoque Pure Plus. I traded in 2 cars. My 2012 Mini Countryman and my 2012 Corvette GS. My job situation has changed- IE I make less per the economy/awful president. Ok, This isn't a political discussion. The Vette outside of being fast was completely unimpressive. The Evoque is beautiful, drives really well, handles and accelerates very nicely. The ride is quiet unlike the Mini. The Mini was loud, transmitted every sound to the occupants. I liked it lot less after owning it a while. The Evoque is luxurious. A work of art. Hopefully it will be more reliable then my 98 and 02 LR Discoveries. The day I picked it up the door remote wouldn't work. A computer update fixed it.
Favorite Features
Drives beautifully. Rides comfortably. Handles well. Great interior. Luxurious. Quality materials. Opulent describes it the best. The Pure Plus gives you everything most people would want. Heated front and rear seats. Heated steering wheel- 8 degrees out tonight. Auto rear hatch. Moonroof. (doesn't open).9 speed automatic is new. Heated washer jets. Power leather seats. Automatic climate control. 2 tone interior. Ability to TOW if I wanted to unlike the Mini which cannot tow anything- against factory recommendations. (voids warranty). The 5 door is much more practical for a vehicle not known for being overly practical. Much more practical then my last 2 vehicles. I love it.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing really missing is the remote fob doesn't open and lock the vehicle without taking it out of your pocket and pushing lock or uniock. That's the only thing that this doesn't do. I always felt I had to compromise when buying a new car. Either color, an option I wanted. The Evoque pure plus has everything including back up camera and heated steering wheel. Land Rover brand is iffy on reliability history so I hope this one proves the older ones wrong and is reliable. The first day picking it up the remote fob wouldn't work. I had to leave it a day for them to update computer module. This is a 2014 so I got the 9 speed automatic. Long and short, I love this car and find it roomy.