2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Evoque model:

Sort Reviews by

Lemon?
By mike111111

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

New 2014 Evoque in for it's first service plus periodic loss of power, dome light comes on when encountering a bump in the road and the sunglasses holder is either stuck closed or pops open on its own. Dealer had to replace a bad fuel injector and order a new upper console. Result is that the parts take a while to deliver from England and I am without my brand new Evoque for 5 days.

Range rover evoque 2014 premium
By sammy2014

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure Plus 2dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

THIS IS a SMALL SUV, if you want big cargo dont buy small suv, the exterior of the car is very good sexy looking, it is more manly than the other small suv ,it is the hottest small suv on the market, it look better with 4 doors than the coupe which looks funny, the interior is state of the art, very nice one of the best with no comparison to the most oudated interiors of the other competetives. the car is fun to drive, it change gears very quickly but sometimes when you dont want t , it could be on the 6th gear at speed of 40, so sometimes you may feel that, vibration side merrors are ugly but compensate for the limited rear view, gas milage as stated, GPS is state of the art. no issues

Favorite Features

interior is oh to die for, navigation is state of the art, the atmosphere lights that can be changed to 6 diffrent colors, USB can play music and videos.

Suggested Improvements

side mirrors ugly, seats are Ok but not very comfortable, no internet interfaith or slot for SIM card. voice commands is at least 2 step process, more complex that I rarely use,no heated mirrors even with the premium package. the navigation has some delay not as instaneous as it should be( like I phone for example)

Love my Evoque
By ggolds5

I bought a 2014 Evoque Pure Plus. I traded in 2 cars. My 2012 Mini Countryman and my 2012 Corvette GS. My job situation has changed- IE I make less per the economy/awful president. Ok, This isn't a political discussion. The Vette outside of being fast was completely unimpressive. The Evoque is beautiful, drives really well, handles and accelerates very nicely. The ride is quiet unlike the Mini. The Mini was loud, transmitted every sound to the occupants. I liked it lot less after owning it a while. The Evoque is luxurious. A work of art. Hopefully it will be more reliable then my 98 and 02 LR Discoveries. The day I picked it up the door remote wouldn't work. A computer update fixed it.

Favorite Features

Drives beautifully. Rides comfortably. Handles well. Great interior. Luxurious. Quality materials. Opulent describes it the best. The Pure Plus gives you everything most people would want. Heated front and rear seats. Heated steering wheel- 8 degrees out tonight. Auto rear hatch. Moonroof. (doesn't open).9 speed automatic is new. Heated washer jets. Power leather seats. Automatic climate control. 2 tone interior. Ability to TOW if I wanted to unlike the Mini which cannot tow anything- against factory recommendations. (voids warranty). The 5 door is much more practical for a vehicle not known for being overly practical. Much more practical then my last 2 vehicles. I love it.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing really missing is the remote fob doesn't open and lock the vehicle without taking it out of your pocket and pushing lock or uniock. That's the only thing that this doesn't do. I always felt I had to compromise when buying a new car. Either color, an option I wanted. The Evoque pure plus has everything including back up camera and heated steering wheel. Land Rover brand is iffy on reliability history so I hope this one proves the older ones wrong and is reliable. The first day picking it up the remote fob wouldn't work. I had to leave it a day for them to update computer module. This is a 2014 so I got the 9 speed automatic. Long and short, I love this car and find it roomy.