Great Looks, HORRIBLE TRANSMISSION
By cgallen on
2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus 2dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I got the Dynamic because I liked its sportier looks, but I cannot get over how much I HATE the transmission programming. Around 30 mph if you are maintaing speed in traffic and give it just a little gas, it drops a gear, jumps the rpm's to 3000, the turbo kicks in, you yank your foot back off and try to slowly accelerate. HORRIBLE, especially for a >$60k vehicle. I have never had a more jerky ride, and it is making me hate this vehicle. And on top of that, my tail lights filled with condensation after the first car wash. 6 months later, I am still waiting for the "new improved ones coming out in 2014." Kind of ruins that look of quality and prestige...
Favorite Features
The vehicle handles well, the seats are comfortable, the sound system (Meridian) pumps out great bass, and the vehicle just looks fast while parked. I love the way the Dynamic, especially, looks. It's why I bought it instead of a Q5.
Suggested Improvements
Well, I already see they realized the transmission was wrong, as they changed it in the 2014. However, I am stuck with a jerky version with a bad program. I had the dealer upgrade the program, which improved max highway mpg from 22 mpg to 25mpg. This is not using your brakes, on cruise at 68mph average over 20 miles. My 4.2L V8 BMW X-5 got 23 mpg on the same tests. Having half the engine and none of the guts gets me a couple mpg?? NOT WORTH IT. With 9,000 miles, I average 22.5 mpg in 90% highway driving, and I play a game to see how high I can get my mpg, and this is all I can get. I averaged 21 mpg in my X-5 driving the same route.