2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Consumer Review: Love mine, with reservations

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV - Consumer Review

Love mine, with reservations
By bonuspoints on

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus 2dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this, the first time, on a whim. Driving by the dealer, I saw one and bought it on the spot. Fully loaded Dynamic at almost $60k. The first one was immediately a lemon, so it was replaced. After six months, the latest one has been a joy to drive. Great performance, great style, very practical in most ways.

Style is amazing. The interior is nicer than any other SUV I considered, including the RR Sport. The Meridian system is perfection, and the blutooth integration never fails. I never thought I'd need a heated steering wheel, but I do love it.

The real-time navigation is the worst system I've ever encountered. It's just way too unreliable and was clearly designed by someone who doesn't care. Turn the real-time monitoring off, and it's much more reliable. Needs blind spot monitoring. My first Evoque had this, but is no longer offered on the 4 door. Could use more trunk space. But it's fine for me.