Used 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure SUV Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV - Consumer Reviews

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Evoque model:

Sexy, multi functional SUV
By t Ted Bullard

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own the premiere top of line 4 door model and am very happy with this vehicle. The exterior is flawless, tires still have 20 miles left after 47000 plus. The ride is smooth as silk, acceleration is great for 2.0 turbo, incredibly quick thru 120 mph then the 4 cylinder shows up. Wind and road noise could be better but still impressive. Leather interior makes you go WOW...solid functional components throughout cabin. STEREO has 850 watts with 18 great speakera and subwoofer heard thru a Meridan system. Any and all capabilities of music choices. Navigation is awesome. Off Road capabilities will match anything as it is a LandRover. Heated front and rear glass...heated steering and seats...you name it, this vehicle has it and all is top notch. Only been at dealer for regular maintenance. Of course thats pricey...but they check it over so well. Ive owned many brands of vehicle...Toyota..Chevy..Ford..BMW...Mercedes...Lincoln...Hyundai...Jaguar....this Evoque is as good as any and turns heads of all ages. VERY SATISFIED

A real stinker
By luckyhit

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is one to avoid. New or used avoid buying this one. I know it looks great but don't be fooled. It will not last. In 23 months of ownership the car was in the shop 10 times for repairs. The last repair was replacing the fuel pump and the dealership telling us there were no parts available. Our car sat for almost a week before they could locate the parts. Not only that the dealership advised us is was okay to keep driving it with the check engine light illuminated....can I say daah! Believe us do not buy this car.

Style is great. But that's far outweighed by is very poor reliability.

The entire drive train and electronics need to be redesigned and tested before offering to the public.

Land Rover Evoque 6sp manual diesel
By jlwolff

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Why LR does not offer the 190 hp diesel 6 spd manual Evoque in the US is beyond me. I had military sales order a German spec model and this Evoque was much better the the US spec quirky automatic.

The car gets about 40 mpg on the autobahn and will run a steady 120 mph all day. Visibility not a problem and back up camera a must. LR needs to offer this model to the US. If VW can bring over diesels that LR needs to follow suit.

rides like a 3 series BMW

offer this version to the US.

Traded my Carrera S for more fun.
By kenjohnson1

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just turned over my first 2,000 miles in my white and black Evoque Pure and I am totally adjusted to visability limits and the sound of the little 4 cylinder turbo...decided to think of it as the sound of economy rather than missing that Porsche Carrera sound of power.
Several times daily I get compliments, Oooos and Aaahs, and comments like "Beautiful, Tight, Awsome".
Driving slow or fast, the Range Rover Evoque handles it in style and comfort with a feel of total control and confidence.
Gas milage is 30% better than my 06 Carrera S and I don't miss the speed because the Evoque is plenty fast enough and has great off line punch.
Highest recommendation from me.

The lines and small details...window shape and curvy body lines, hood vents on Coupe, truck look with hot design, big wheels (standard) look functionally great, the solid sound when you swing the door closed, and many other points of interest.

I don't worry about not opening the pano roof because the air flow is great with just the two front door windows.

LoveMyEvoque
By lovemylr4

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Amazing ride, very smooth. It has a lot of power. I feel safe in the car. I drove the LR4 for two and half years and was ready for a smaller car but could not find one as comfortable and good to drive until I drove the Evoque. I got the Dynamic, I love the looks of silver with the black top and the square mufflers.

After driving 1200 miles in less than 2 weeks, my favorite thing is: The ride! I also like the adjustment options to the surround sound system. A feature that I was missing in the LR4 is the powered tailgate, I love to have that again.

Visibility. I was used to the LR4's height and its big windows, it took me a while to get used to the reduced visibility of the Evoque. But, I do feel safe in the Evoque and it does not bother me anymore.