Used 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Land-rover Range-rover-evoque - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Evoque model:

My personal warning to all
By carguy951

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure Plus 2dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Warning to all Evoque owners Will let me start by saying that I'm 38 years old and have gone through about 37 cars already due to my love for cars , However I have never experienced such poor service then land rover.The major problem that we experienced was due to the shifter malfunction causing the car to engage in gear and running into my parked Car. Range rover had found 3 fault codes and replaced the electronic gear shifter.After calling range rover they are refusing to pay for damages and my demand of replacing the car. This car could have killed someone and they just don't seem to care . This was my 1st and last Land Rover I will every own.

Love mine, with reservations
By bonuspoints

I bought this, the first time, on a whim. Driving by the dealer, I saw one and bought it on the spot. Fully loaded Dynamic at almost $60k. The first one was immediately a lemon, so it was replaced. After six months, the latest one has been a joy to drive. Great performance, great style, very practical in most ways.

Favorite Features

Style is amazing. The interior is nicer than any other SUV I considered, including the RR Sport. The Meridian system is perfection, and the blutooth integration never fails. I never thought I'd need a heated steering wheel, but I do love it.

Suggested Improvements

The real-time navigation is the worst system I've ever encountered. It's just way too unreliable and was clearly designed by someone who doesn't care. Turn the real-time monitoring off, and it's much more reliable. Needs blind spot monitoring. My first Evoque had this, but is no longer offered on the 4 door. Could use more trunk space. But it's fine for me.

Love to Drive
By kohnw

I've had this SUV for a couple months now and I've very enamored with it. The Evoque features great design inside and out, with excellent comfort and performance.

Favorite Features

Design, peppy turbocharged engine, comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Backup camera is sometimes slow to turn on after the driver shifts into reverse.

Perfect fit
By heathrow

Prestige, fully loaded, 4-door: This car manages to be playful, rugged and sexy at the same time. It feels incredibly fresh when inside, the cabin is airy and roomy, but it really drives like a much sportier, smaller car. I love that this is an informal, off-road ready car that can take a beating, but oozes luxury and freshness.

Favorite Features

Feels just right inside. Very high end core features. Incredibly modern - all other cars just seem stuck in the 90's compared to this one, maybe with the exception of the A7 and few others. Size is perfect for city driving with a dash of highway driving on the side. Park assist works well. Sound system is 8/10. Handling is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely atrocious nav system. It is close to unusable. In fact the entire digital user interface is slow and unintuitive and also clunky and unattractive. Trunk space a wee bit lacking. Voice control is unusable. Video cameras, except backup cam, are not really useful I the real world. I wish blind spot assist came standard, because the areas behind the side mirrors is a big mystery mostly. Would love to see an S version.

Evoque's all senses
By caroma

Absolutely fun to drive, definitely a lot of sport in this less utility vehicle. Styling turns heads. Prestige of a premium brand name. Well done interior. Land rover packaging really sucks. I liked the prestige interior, but magne ride is available only in dynamic. Liked the hood scoops but available only in coupe.... Otherwise its a fun a little ride.

Favorite Features

Dual display info screen. Magne ride. Panoramic roof.

Suggested Improvements

Make magne ride standard or provide as option on all models.