Used 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Evoque model:

A real stinker
By luckyhit

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is one to avoid. New or used avoid buying this one. I know it looks great but don't be fooled. It will not last. In 23 months of ownership the car was in the shop 10 times for repairs. The last repair was replacing the fuel pump and the dealership telling us there were no parts available. Our car sat for almost a week before they could locate the parts. Not only that the dealership advised us is was okay to keep driving it with the check engine light illuminated....can I say daah! Believe us do not buy this car.

Style is great. But that's far outweighed by is very poor reliability.

The entire drive train and electronics need to be redesigned and tested before offering to the public.

Land Rover Evoque 6sp manual diesel
By jlwolff

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Why LR does not offer the 190 hp diesel 6 spd manual Evoque in the US is beyond me. I had military sales order a German spec model and this Evoque was much better the the US spec quirky automatic. The car gets about 40 mpg on the autobahn and will run a steady 120 mph all day. Visibility not a problem and back up camera a must. LR needs to offer this model to the US. If VW can bring over diesels that LR needs to follow suit.

rides like a 3 series BMW

offer this version to the US.

My personal warning to all
By carguy951

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque SUV Pure Plus 2dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Warning to all Evoque owners Will let me start by saying that I'm 38 years old and have gone through about 37 cars already due to my love for cars , However I have never experienced such poor service then land rover.The major problem that we experienced was due to the shifter malfunction causing the car to engage in gear and running into my parked Car. Range rover had found 3 fault codes and replaced the electronic gear shifter.After calling range rover they are refusing to pay for damages and my demand of replacing the car. This car could have killed someone and they just don't seem to care . This was my 1st and last Land Rover I will every own.

Love mine, with reservations
By bonuspoints

I bought this, the first time, on a whim. Driving by the dealer, I saw one and bought it on the spot. Fully loaded Dynamic at almost $60k. The first one was immediately a lemon, so it was replaced. After six months, the latest one has been a joy to drive. Great performance, great style, very practical in most ways.

Style is amazing. The interior is nicer than any other SUV I considered, including the RR Sport. The Meridian system is perfection, and the blutooth integration never fails. I never thought I'd need a heated steering wheel, but I do love it.

The real-time navigation is the worst system I've ever encountered. It's just way too unreliable and was clearly designed by someone who doesn't care. Turn the real-time monitoring off, and it's much more reliable. Needs blind spot monitoring. My first Evoque had this, but is no longer offered on the 4 door. Could use more trunk space. But it's fine for me.

Love to Drive
By kohnw

I've had this SUV for a couple months now and I've very enamored with it. The Evoque features great design inside and out, with excellent comfort and performance.

Design, peppy turbocharged engine, comfortable interior.

Backup camera is sometimes slow to turn on after the driver shifts into reverse.