2011 Land Rover LR4 Consumer Review: Far and away better than the c

2011 Land Rover LR4 SUV - Consumer Review

Far and away better than the competition
By safari_tested on

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned seven Hondas, a BMW, a Ford a Chevy and three Olds before I tried Land Rovers and Jags. Despite the scare tactics which seem to abound even on reputable review sites I have nothing but praise for my Land Rovers (Dicsovery2, LR3 and now a LR4) along with my Jaguars (an XJL and my current XJ VDP). Where does EPA get these MPG figures? My Hondas NEVER got the predicted MPGS always falling a few miles below the hopeful predictions, yet my LR4 (and LR3) get a full 2 MPG higher than those on the EPA sticker! Reliability in the first weeks through 2,600 miles has been perfect, not a single flaw. My previous new cars from other manufacturers never accomplished that.

Handling, performance and features on this off road warrior are incredible, both on & off road! The weight distribution on this larger SUV is centered extremely low making cornering and fast turns a breeze with nearly non-existent body lean (the computer run air suspension system checks and corrects the body lean on all 4 corners 500 times a minute.) The chassis is made of boron steel which allows a far more rigid build and a greater degree of safety and long term strength. The axles for the LR4 run through the chassis and are not hung below it as in other SUVS allowing even more strength and rigidity for off road while delivering the smoothest ride in class in my test drive experience.

Give us a diesel alternative for those who care less about performance and want MPG only...the European/African diesel version gets well better than 30 MPG in city and hwy ratings.