2011 Land Rover LR4 Consumer Review: An Automobile with a Custom Fi

2011 Land Rover LR4 - Consumer Review

An Automobile with a Custom Fit
By bjlondon on

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the fifth Land Rover we have purchased. The previous four Land Rover's were purchased with my husband as the intended primary driver, and then subsequently passed on to me as we replaced them with newer models. This is the first LR purchased primarily for me--a petite woman. I feel as if this vehicle was custom-designed for me. It is absolutely the most comfortable auto I've ever driven. Everything w/in the cockpit is at my fingertips. The body is compact and easy to maneuver and control. Despite having the controls close at hand, this is an extremely roomy automobile. You would be hard-pressed to find a more comfortable or luxurious ride in a more expensive luxury car.

My favorite features are the headroom and the cargo space. By all appearances the LR4 looks like a smaller SUV, however, looks can be deceiving. The cargo space is big enough to hold a baby stroller, sand toys, several bags of groceries, multiple cases of water and a case of diapers. And I cannot stress enough how easy it is to put my son into his carseat. This vehicle has perhaps the greatest headroom of any car I've driven. I also love the back-up camera. It provides an extremely clear view of the surrounding area with illustrated guidelines denoting your path--not just the immediate space behind your car.

Need to redesign the cargo cover screen. I find it difficult to latch--especially if I'm only using one hand, which is often the case with a busy toddler in tow. If you don't catch it precisely in both grooves, it snaps back very rapidly, beyond the normal starting position. As a petite woman, I'm forced to literally crawl in the back to drag if forward again. Sounds trite, but it's a major inconvenience given that you don't want to leave anything out in plain view today.