2011 Land Rover LR4 - Consumer Reviews

V8 5.0L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )
2012 LR4 poor reliability, poor dealer support
By landog2 on 03/08/13 16:46 PM (PST)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

At 7000 miles, major control module failed. TATA\Land Rover refused to pay for loaner vehicle and can't figure out what is wrong with the truck. I've owned over 15 Land Rovers. This is my last. Indian ownership has not improved Land Rover's poor reputation for reliability.

1st time LR buyer
By batesoh on 02/12/13 07:07 AM (PST)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the LR4 LUX (new) over the BMW X-5 turbo and Volvo XC90 V8; Mercedes was +$12,000 for similar engine/options. An absolute pleasure to drive. Plenty of power for all 7,000 pounds. An absolute delight on the freeway. Excellent visibility from driver's seat. A few electrical/communication issues, but dealer has been there to support us all the way. 19,000 miles and counting.

An Automobile with a Custom Fit
By bjlondon on 09/15/11 14:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the fifth Land Rover we have purchased. The previous four Land Rover's were purchased with my husband as the intended primary driver, and then subsequently passed on to me as we replaced them with newer models. This is the first LR purchased primarily for me--a petite woman. I feel as if this vehicle was custom-designed for me. It is absolutely the most comfortable auto I've ever driven. Everything w/in the cockpit is at my fingertips. The body is compact and easy to maneuver and control. Despite having the controls close at hand, this is an extremely roomy automobile. You would be hard-pressed to find a more comfortable or luxurious ride in a more expensive luxury car.

Happier than ever
By mryan2756 on 09/03/11 14:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

We traded in a 2011 Ford Explorer on the LR4. My wife hated the Explorer we previously had a LR3 and loved it. We only went to the ford for better gas mileage witch did not exist. This vehicle is far better than the LR3. We purchased the LR4 lux package.

6 Month Report
By tanker6 on 05/25/11 17:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I had been looking to replace a 2001 Toyota Landcruiser with a new one. The Toyota dealer said he did not have one but if he did, it would have been $75,000. So here I am with a 2011 LR4. 6,000 miles/6 months and I could not be happier. No issues to date. Very fast, comfortable and well designed. 22 mpg on the highway 15 mpg in town. Extremely competent off-road, and I am off road a lot. Also great on road. Smaller than the Landcruiser but every bit as functional.

2011 LR4 HSE
By red_rover on 05/14/11 02:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

After years of debate, I finally bought one of these things despite the warnings of high costs, poor mileage, and electrical problems. Now I have an LR4 and am experiencing high costs, poor gas mileage, and electrical problems. That said, I love this truck. On-road it is elegant and well-behaved; Off-road it is unstoppable. However, the LR4 is not for everyone. It should be a purchase based on emotion, as it is primarily an off-road truck that happens to drive quite well on the road. If you think you'll like it - you'll love it. If you're worried about cost or reliability, or if you never go off-road, then you may want to consider something else. But then again, life is too short!

LR3 vs LR4
By billybatts on 04/29/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Turned in an 06' LR3 for an 11' LR4. On the outside, the initial look is the usual Jedi mind trick of changing the tail/head lights and a few other cosmetic alterations. However... the first word that comes to mind is smoooooooth. LR3, rough transition from a light, very jerky. LR4, smooth as silk. Improved suspension and ride in the LR4, sharper interior. More power!!! 375 hp.

On Going Electrical Issues
By landrover5 on 03/17/11 17:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased the LR4 LUX with every option that Land Rover offered. Total price was around $65,000. The vehicle was great for the first couple months but then we noticed the rear fog lights would not work. We took the car back to the dealership, by that time the lights worked again. (very strange) The electrical issues went up to the windows, the steering wheel buttons then the car just wouldn't start. It was towed numerous times back to the dealership but they could never find the problem. The vehicle was just taken back under the lemon law. Land Rover agreed to place us into a new vehicle but we're still not sure about it??

Love the LR4
By buckybadger1 on 02/26/11 07:28 AM (PST)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

we have had ourt LR4 now for one year. it has been a wonderful truck so far and has exceeded our expectations. we are very happy we went with the Land Rover over the competition - and plan on having a Range Rover next.

TMy 2nd Rover
By wmckibben on 02/18/11 13:16 PM (PST)

2011 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a Range Rover in 2004 and it was a great SUV. I just traded in for the LR4- more bang for the buck. The fuel economy is worse than on my 2004 RR, but the 5L V8 puts out more power and the LR4 drives better. The new Land Rovers are vastly improved and offer tremendous value compared to the competition.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.