2010 Land Rover LR4 - Consumer Reviews

V8 5.0L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )
Extremely quiet and smooth riding
By Crewcabrob on 08/27/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This has to be the quietest vehicle I have ever been in. My wife has a new Lexus sedan, and this truck rides better and is quieter inside by a large margin. We just finished two family vacations with our 3 teenagers. You know this truck is quiet when both of my daughters comment out of the blue how quiet it is. Power is available all the time and passing long strings of cars is not a problem. My interstate mileage has been awesome. The best has been 19.4 mpg at 75 mph for almost 200 miles. There is more than enough space for our family and everyone gets to spread out. Nobody feels slighted if they sit in the third row. I love the fact that the suspension self leveles for any load.

Best LR Yet - Lot of Vehicle for the $'s
By NaplesLR4 on 08/02/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

After 2 months, loving this vehicle more and more every drive. When storms and rain kick up it somehow makes me feel even safer than when pavement was dry. Great on the highway. Haven't been off-road yet, but if it handles like previous LRs it is sure to be amazing. 375 horse has some kick but supercharger would be nice option. Can't stand the heater elements in the windshield. They are less noticeable with sunglasses. Priced out a new windshield without them for $675 - we don't have ice on the windshield in S Florida. Stadium seating in the back beats all the competition. In fact, you can't find a vehicle out there for 7 with all the quality LR4 has for the price period. Nothing compares.

A British tank with same fuel mileage
By O on 07/30/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Had it for about 6 months, driven about 5000 miles. Drove it over two curvy mountain roads during a blizzard with no problem. Had to take it in twice. First time was for a vibrating noise during acceleration coming from the dash. Dealer said it was a loose wiper motor. Second time was for a tire pressure monitoring system failure (which cleared itself b4 getting to dlr) and for a "software update" which land rover insisted was not a recall in their letter. There seems to be some build quality issues. Hopefully they don't turn into long- term reliability issues. Vehicle is very stately looking. You don't see one everywhere like my old Ford Explorer. Wife loves it. Happy wife, happy life.

Love it so far
By Skippy on 07/24/10 18:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

When my wife and I went shopping we looked at all the competitors. Decided to look at the Range Rover Sport but liked the LR4 more because it was so roomy. (I am 6'2" tall.) Test drove and loved it. After 3 months I still do. Great performance. Poor gas mileage? Sure but that is the trade off I was willing to make for the ride and power. The visibility is really great. Inside it almost feels like a greenhouse with all the glass. I am pleased with the sunroof shade. I was wondering about that since it is not a complete blackout. It has turned out to be perfect. I will use this vehicle occasionally off road but honestly doubt that I will ever take it anywhere close to its limits

The good gets better
By Alex on 07/18/10 11:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just exchange my 2008 LR3 to the new LR4. It's a great improvement, never had any problem with the LR3 but, this one it's quicker and interior is very handsome. I know, the gas is kind of low but what do you want for a big truck. The ride is supple and secure, and that is the important thing for me.

It's a head turner
By FirstLR4 on 06/24/10 07:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I am proud to say I have an LR4. The car is chock full of options and amenities that make it feel like it should be much more expensive. I test drove the Mercedes ML350 at about the same sticker price and it lacked several of the options and features of the LR4. Very happy with my decision and would highly recommend to anyone. Reliability was the only question in my mind, but the thing feels solid when you drive it. While I probably will never take my LR4 off-roading, its nice to know that no matter the situation, I'll likely be able to get out. Get to your nearest dealership and test drive one.

Best SUV in class
By Stephen on 05/28/10 22:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought my LR4 a few days ago. I upgraded from an Audi A4. The LR4 is so much fun to drive, and you will definitely catch people looking at it. I test drove the Mercedes GL but decided to go with the LR4. I haven't had any regrets. Of course, it is too soon to talk about reliability but so far I love my LR4. It feels so strong and safe on the road.

Great Car
By william kimball on 05/11/10 00:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I think it is one of the best cars I have ever purchased. It goes through snow like a knife through butter.Very comfortable , stereo is great , fun to drive and I feel very safe in it. I think it is the best value from Lexes to Mercedes. The power of the car is awsome.

Awesome
By arogin on 04/15/10 16:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I LOVE this truck. ordered an Alaska white with ebony interior LUX package. other than the fact that the gas mileage stinks, i am completely in love with it.

Still Love My LR4
By LoveMyLR4 on 04/06/10 11:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

About 6 months and 9000 miles later,I still love my LR4 as much as when I bought it. Maybe more! You can read my original review below.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.