Used 2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV

V8 5.0L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (31 reviews )

This is an awesome car and goodlooking
By Susan DeGroot

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Nothing. Solid and stable with very little repairs. Mostly maintenance.

Almost Perfect
By Terry

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

First and foremost this SUV is beautiful and a pleasure to drive. Now for the bad! Air suspension is problematic! My air compressor took a dump at 50K right out of warranty. $1400 to repair. looks like LR knew about the compressor issue and upgraded the 2011+ models. nav/radio blanks out from time to time...easy fix. shut down and restart. last but not least, deep pockets for the service dept. Don't get me wrong, service(Land Rover Huntington) are very professional and are amazing. But....$200 for an oil change, that's out of control. Another issue i also had was the front control arm bushings going bad causing another $1000 deposit to the service dept. Now the good! Again AMAZING to drive. V8 has endless power, active air suspension(when it works) gives a smooth confident feeling. Its very handsome,its not the most expensive LR but it still gets the head turns like its bigger more expensive brothers. It truly is an amazing vehicle, just make sure you buy CPO or make sure you have it warrantied with a LR approved extended warranty company.

Issues
By reviewer11

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought our LR4 used with 44k miles on it. We have had it right at a month and it has been in the shop for three of those weeks with various issues. Brakes (we read the reviews and know that they are an issue already) oil dripping from under the engine, and the air suspension gave out on us on a road trip. When we took it to the our local dealership LR Austin, they told us that the brakes were after market that there was nothing they could do. We got them looked at elsewhere and they were in fact OEM and the exact ones the dealer installs. They told us the oil leak could not be found (even when there are drops of oil in out garage) and the suspension went out, can find prob?Junk

Very pretty paper weight. With all the issues we have had the whole thing seems like junk, just can't bring myself to like it anymore.

Customer Service. My wife and I have gotten the distinct feeling that since we did not buy the vehicle from the dealership that anything that we have brought it in for seemingly is getting brushed off until our warranty goes out. We really liked the vehicle when we first got it but the customer service has swayed us from ever getting one again and suggesting one to any one of our friends. Land Rover really needs to get this in line.

LR4 Rocks
By skanlon

This is my second LR.
Owned an 08 LR3 which was bullet proof, pretty much brought it in for scheduled services and changed the tires.

Current LR4 is at 21K, and the only 2 trips to dealer were for the first service
and for an insp. sticker.

Vehicle is refined and holds up well.

17.9 mpg. on avg.

I have two friends that have Range and they are looking into picking up a LR4.

All.

Larger fuel tank.

2010 LR4 Lux Intermittent Electrical
By honey11

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love our LR4, just wish I didn't have to bring it in for repairs every few weeks. Tire monitoring system keeps throwing codes, the NAV and radio goes out once in a while and then there's the windshield wipers that suddenly shut off and stay off.

I read about other people with the same issues, lets just hope Land Rover gets it figured out so we can buy another one. Otherwise, we won't do this again.

Great interior layout. Smooth ride. Feel like a million bucks driving it.

Make the second row fold easy (hardest thing to do!). Make third row electric.