2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

V8 5.0L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )
Issues
By reviewer11 on 09/12/13 11:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought our LR4 used with 44k miles on it. We have had it right at a month and it has been in the shop for three of those weeks with various issues. Brakes (we read the reviews and know that they are an issue already) oil dripping from under the engine, and the air suspension gave out on us on a road trip. When we took it to the our local dealership LR Austin, they told us that the brakes were after market that there was nothing they could do. We got them looked at elsewhere and they were in fact OEM and the exact ones the dealer installs. They told us the oil leak could not be found (even when there are drops of oil in out garage) and the suspension went out, can find prob?Junk

LR4 Rocks
By skanlon on 12/04/11 06:18 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LR. Owned an 08 LR3 which was bullet proof, pretty much brought it in for scheduled services and changed the tires. Current LR4 is at 21K, and the only 2 trips to dealer were for the first service and for an insp. sticker. Vehicle is refined and holds up well. 17.9 mpg. on avg. I have two friends that have Range and they are looking into picking up a LR4.

2010 LR4 Lux Intermittent Electrical
By honey11 on 10/06/11 20:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Love our LR4, just wish I didn't have to bring it in for repairs every few weeks. Tire monitoring system keeps throwing codes, the NAV and radio goes out once in a while and then there's the windshield wipers that suddenly shut off and stay off. I read about other people with the same issues, lets just hope Land Rover gets it figured out so we can buy another one. Otherwise, we won't do this again.

Third LR
By Finman on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Loved my previous 2005 and 2008 LR3s. This is the best of all. Smoother, much quieter, significantly more powerful. Speeding ticket within 3 hours of ownership! Outside facelift is a huge improvement, much classier looking, head/taillights, grille. Inside, overall much nicer and higher quality except a few pieces, better leather, inside of doors is a huge improvement. Miss the old headrests with the handles on them, adjustable headrests should be better, but love the old handles. Off road is amazing, love climbing boulders in this thing. No significant problems in any of the 3 LRs. Gas mileage is a little worse than previous LR3s. Sound system is improved somewhat, nav also...both are fine.

Close to being perfect
By Karl on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Have driven 6000 miles in 5 months on all terrains and can't say enough about the comfort, utility and off road capability. The air suspension allowing the vehicle to be lowered makes getting in and out easy. Pickup with the powerful 8 cyl engine is great and one feels really safe in the LR4. Wish it had better fuel performance or the choice of a diesel engine. Otherwise nothing to complain about. Great car.

Buyer beware. I tried to like it.
By acpryor on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Great seats. Power when you need it. Awesome stereo, when it works. And therein lies the rub. Routinely the nav/stereo/phone would go out, no sound, no screen, etc. Been to the dealership 5x and they still didn't fix it (or replace 1 part). Sent letter to lr intl pursuant to lemon law. They arranged for 1 more opportunity to fix it. Didn't fix it. Acted up again requiring me to drive over for the 7th time (with company in town for dinner no less). In the process of trying to get my money back based on ky lemon law. Dealership has been great (not their fault) but lr intl who approves warranty repairs hasn't done jack. I'd never buy one. If asked, I'd tell my friends never to buy one

Beware
By Tim on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I owned this vehicle for 2 days and 30 miles. Noticed rust on the brake disc (not on the contact area which you expect to rust as soon as water hits it), which prompted me to look underneath. The vehicle was so rusted out it actually looked like it had been sitting in a salt bath. Every piece of metal had pervasive rusting.

Loved my LR2, Really Love my LR4!
By Kelly on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I had my eye on a used Range Rover Sport when I decided to test drive an LR4. The LR4 was more refined and less 'bread truck' looking than the LR3 so I decided to take it for a spin and what a spin it was! I was hooked on the first curve. The LR4 is spacious with an improved engine giving it plenty of torque to both hug and pull the road towards you. The grill is downright sexy. I love all the windows and height inside the cabin. There are sensors for both the front and back of the vehicle. There are so many places to store things like my sweater for when I go into a restaurant or my gym shoes for walks in the woods or the golf range. There are two ample glove compartments up front.

LR4 after 5000 miles
By SWFloridian on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Have the LR4 now for 3 months - driven in mountains, on poor road surfaces and highways. Its fun to drive, very quiet inside and comfortable. Like the air suspension very much - makes it easy to get in and out without extra steps. Wish it was offered with a Diesel engine, the V8 gas engine is thirsty (14.5 mpg) but has good pick-up. Off-road performance is second to none. The NAV unit is not top notch - missing many smaller streets away from Metro areas. Also one has to "agree" every time the NAV display is turned on - that's a pain. In summary: great multipurpose vehicle, comfortable and quiet, roomy inside and has all the creature comforts one needs.

Buy it... if you love your service mngr
By RolandLR4 on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Land Rover LR4 SUV V8 4dr SUV 4WD (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Initially, we loved this vehicle. The look is clean and the drive is far superior to the LR3 series (quieter/tighter). Seats are reasonably comfortable. Some controls for navagation/cameras/dvd are a bit cumbersome but learnable. At about 3800 miles the first service visit was for a check engine light that we were told was a "computer reset" issue. Two days later the light was on again and before we could get a scheduled appointment another "impaired performance" warning light was flashing. 3 WEEKS later the dealership calls to say the backordered injector has been installed. My wife gets in and the service engine light was on before she left the lot. Doesn't bode well for reliability!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.