LR3 for me.............
By 2 Timer Land Rover on
2009 Land Rover LR3 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
After evaluating many mid-sized suv's, I decided on the '09 LR3 HSE. White/Blk. I just like the solid feel of these suv's. I drove the new LR4, I kinda like the utilitarian interior of the LR3.....plus about $14,000 less. My wife has an '07 LRRR, 50,000 miles and not one problem. Because of our experience with the RR, I felt good about the LR3 purchase. Gas mileage on the larger RR is 16 city & 21 hwy, I assume the LR3 will be the same. I hunt/fish so I will use the off-road ability this suv. Dealer came off $10,000 off sticker. Full maint. on the '09 not on the LR4. Look forward to happy miles like we have had with the Range Rover.
Favorite Features
Like the utilitarian interior. Height control is a must. Interior feels as big as our Range Rover. I like the exterior styling....looks rugged. Take a look at the underside....built like a tank.
Suggested Improvements
I know everyone says better gas mileage, but 16 city and 20 city ain't bad. Hope TaTa motors don't make these suv's too soft in the future. Wish we could get diesel in the U.S.