Used 2009 Land Rover LR3 V8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

V8 4.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )

LR3 for me.............
By 2 Timer Land Rover

2009 Land Rover LR3 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After evaluating many mid-sized suv's, I decided on the '09 LR3 HSE. White/Blk. I just like the solid feel of these suv's. I drove the new LR4, I kinda like the utilitarian interior of the LR3.....plus about $14,000 less. My wife has an '07 LRRR, 50,000 miles and not one problem. Because of our experience with the RR, I felt good about the LR3 purchase. Gas mileage on the larger RR is 16 city & 21 hwy, I assume the LR3 will be the same. I hunt/fish so I will use the off-road ability this suv. Dealer came off $10,000 off sticker. Full maint. on the '09 not on the LR4. Look forward to happy miles like we have had with the Range Rover.

Like the utilitarian interior. Height control is a must. Interior feels as big as our Range Rover. I like the exterior styling....looks rugged. Take a look at the underside....built like a tank.

I know everyone says better gas mileage, but 16 city and 20 city ain't bad. Hope TaTa motors don't make these suv's too soft in the future. Wish we could get diesel in the U.S.

supercool
By paganviking

2009 Land Rover LR3 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

love the all-conditions suspension control and full-time AWD. a solid truck worthy of the land rover brand. safety, comfort, and reliability are excellent. definitely worth the price. i look forward to many years of land rover ownership.

exceptional exterior styling. luxurious, user-friendly cockpit. refined interior comforts, ample safety features, and seating for 7 make this an ideal family vehicle.

improved gas mileage, full-sized spare tire, standard roof rack.

So Far So Good
By maxgold114

2009 Land Rover LR3 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

New owner of a 2009 LR3. Put about 1000 miles on in first month. Truck has great features, and while not great on gas, it's not significantly different than its competition. Car works well and has been solid so far. Definitely happy with purchase so far.

Front panoramic view. Seating for 7. Active awd. Active suspension. Big wheels and tires on base model. Comfy seats and even a manumatic tranny. Rear seat sunroofs are a nice touch.

Somehow need to improve visibility to rear corners. Need to add mp3 jack on dashboard, not just for rear seats. New engine to be more powerful but with better mpg, hopefully, significantly better. Find some way to safely shed a few pounds from vehicle.

2009 LR3
By 2009 HSE LR3

2009 Land Rover LR3 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just took delivery on a 2009 LR3, my 2006 lease ended and definately wanted to stay with the LR3. Very pleased with all aspects of the 2006, and hoping to have as good of an experience with the 2009. We don't rock crawl but we do make use of all it's off road capabilities in our travels. For the money I don't think you can beat the performance or styling, with it's updated exterior it's a real head turner. Very pleased with the updated interior as well, the seats are higher quality and much more comfortable. It handles great and has plenty of power. I put 62K miles on in 30 months and the only service related issue on the '06 was a leaky gasket around the thermostat, not bad.

3 rows of seats Traction control system Adaptive headlights (super bright, great when turning) Updated seats Height adjustment (great for getting into downtown parking garages) Exterior body styling Cockpit layout and comfort Handling Ability to deal with ANY on/off road situation Power

Bring back the standard roof rails - they are a $$ add on for 2009 Resume 50K miles of free scheduled maintenance it disappeared in 2009 Improve the look of the navigation system, no complaints on function, just looks Put a scan button on the radio Better MPG or at least a bigger tank

Excellent Car
By Hash

2009 Land Rover LR3 V8 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great Car, good Drive, Powerful Engine and Car for difficult missions. Safe for Family, Luxury and conformable.

Panoramic view, multiple driving condition capabilities (offroad), stability

Rear car design to be more stylish and add more chrome to the car. And most importantly need to add some automatic features such as rear door auto close and seats auto folding, etc