Best SUV
By fallout79 on
2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
I had always considered a Land Rover but been scared of the reliabilty. I finally went for a test drive and realized just how good this vehicle is. In terms of design, comfort, style, and capability there simply is not another vehicle that comes close. I bought an 08 with 70k on it and got an awesome deal. It had a full service history and was in mint condition. I drive it all day for business in the week and get around 18mpg. At the weekend I can load it up for weekend trips to the mountains and go on offroad trails that are extremely challenging. Othertimes I tow our 25' boat with ease. I'm at 90k with no problems. I have it regularly serviced by the LR dealer who are great. Best SUV!
Favorite Features
Variable height suspension. Great looks. Driving position and visibility. Ease of adaptability of rear cabin from luxury seating to massive storage area. Towing ability. Size - just a bit smaller than a Tahoe combines with a tight turning circle to make this very easy to drive around town and in parking lots. All the luxury features. At 90k miles EVERYTHING works perfectly. Can't say the same for my wife's Lexus.
Suggested Improvements
Not much to improve. The power is adequate, but when the time comes I look forward to moving into an LR4 with the 375hp engine. Like I said though, I can tow more than many trucks, so can't really complain.