Used 2008 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land-rover Lr3 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Land Rover LR3

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Fun to drive plus much more
By kdflyer

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great vehicle, went from a fully loaded Toyota 4runner to LR3 and after way to many years in a Toyota found something more fun, limited owner group and great dealer support. I recommend changing tires to standard SUV tires and watch fuel economy go up by 1 - 2 miles per gallons and better ride and longer life. Put 2 extra pounds of pressure in tire and she really sails down the interstate. 3rd row is awesome design compared to everything else in this class. Looking forward to the LR4. Trade off from the Toyota is better space, better visibility and after changing tires better fuel economy. Drawbacks is number of dealers but quality has been great.

Favorite Features

3rd row comes in extremely handy, 3 row sunroof is also appreciated then comes heated windshield and 2nd row seat heater - my girls have loved it.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of high dollar performance tires and go with good SUV tires, you'll lose a little sticky but I've yet to slalom a 4600lb SUV.

Zero Defects
By Underated in reviews

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd LR3 and the best vehicle I've had. I've had absolutely zero defects on this vehicle. I leased it, but am about to buy off the lease, it's that good. One thing I cannot understand is how the reviews always comment on quality. The quality of these vehicles is awesome.

Favorite Features

Off-road capability. We had particularly bad snow and ice this winter. I felt completely safe, even on dirt roads on remote hills covered with ice.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat folding could be improved. When relatives come into town, and you have to fold up/down seats, then an electric button would be desirable.

Favorite vehicle to date!
By Barry

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first vehicle I've owned that I actually like the more I drive it. I use it for every-day driving, hunting in EXTREME off-road conditions and even towing my 22' ski boat every now and then. I own many vehicles including off-road 4x4 trucks and I've found the capabilities of the LR3 are MUCH better than the pickups for hunting - and way more comfortable! Driving horizontally on steep hillsides is unbelievably comfortable due to the air-suspension self- levelling system. This is my first Land Rover product but I think I'm going to ditch the '08 Lexus and replace it with the '09 Range Rover for the "family" vehicle.

Favorite Features

Off-road capability; City/highway comfort; Power & towing capacity; Great sound system; comfort!

Suggested Improvements

2nd/3rd row sun-roofs should be active vs. static; built-in I-pod dock (everyone has one these days!)

Design Flaw
By Vincent

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love it! Contrary to some reviews, I like the lumbering feeling in the LR3. Very roomy, very safe. My wife drives my 2 kids around and about, and I am at ease knowing they are in such a solid and safe vehicle. Here is the flaw. After a severe fall rain storm, my wife opened the door of our LR3 and water poured out of the front passenger seat. The dealer told me that leaves clog the soffet for the moon roof drainage system. The H20 has no where to go, so it falls inside the car. She said it is a design flaw for all 3 models. She knew exactly what it was when I called it in. If you garage your LR3, then don't sweat it. If you have a garage that is too low for the LR3. Heads up!

Favorite Features

Clam shell style tail gate. Height off of the ground. Roominess. Solid feel. Stunning good looks. Stereo system. Glass roof

Suggested Improvements

Big soffet drainage, so it doesn't spill over into the front seat. Better fuel system. Make seat memory standard. I am 6'1'', my wife is 5'1''. On a rainy day, I get all wet.

Saved My life
By Peterkin

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was driving my brand new Land Rover Discovery last week when the car next to was hit by another car and hit me. I was pushed off the road and hit a group of large trees at about 40 MPH. I did not even have time to hit the brakes. The car did everything right- all airbags deployed engine shut off etc. I walked away -the car totalled. You know all the other features are great but safety is number one. I am picking up my new Discovery soon!