2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Not your average SUV
By maddog72 on 06/27/12 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LR3 have over 150,000 miles of driving in both. Present 2008 has 63,000 miles. I have extensive driving experiance in all types of vehicles from H1 Hummers to Toyota Prius. Land Rover LR3 is not for everyone, if trips to the mall or shopping is all you do get a mini van. My LR3 is used 60/40 60 % on road 40% off road. It is the only vehicle that you can drive down the interstate at 70 mph and then go off-road and back on the interstate and do so with the easiest driver input. This is a truck, it is big, heavy to get good gas mileage you have to drive it like you want good gas mileage. I average 18 mpg with highs of 21 mpg on trips in flat country. Off road this is a tool

Land Rover for me
By upstate ny lr3 on 05/18/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have 2008 Lr3 HSE, only problems are a seatbelt in the back seat and the refrig, replaced and working fine. Live where the snow flies 5-6 months of the year, Lr3 is a beast in the snow. Love to embarrass my two buds with hummers, not even in the same class. This SUV is not to drive to the mall or g-store. Love to drive this car, went on trip to florida with two kids.....great. The gas mileage was expected averaged 21mpg on highway. The car makes me walk funny, built like a tank.

Zero Defects
By Underated in reviews on 05/25/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd LR3 and the best vehicle I've had. I've had absolutely zero defects on this vehicle. I leased it, but am about to buy off the lease, it's that good. One thing I cannot understand is how the reviews always comment on quality. The quality of these vehicles is awesome.

Favorite vehicle to date!
By Barry on 04/05/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first vehicle I've owned that I actually like the more I drive it. I use it for every-day driving, hunting in EXTREME off-road conditions and even towing my 22' ski boat every now and then. I own many vehicles including off-road 4x4 trucks and I've found the capabilities of the LR3 are MUCH better than the pickups for hunting - and way more comfortable! Driving horizontally on steep hillsides is unbelievably comfortable due to the air-suspension self- levelling system. This is my first Land Rover product but I think I'm going to ditch the '08 Lexus and replace it with the '09 Range Rover for the "family" vehicle.

Amazing Vehicle that keeps giving!
By socalrover1 on 09/24/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The LR3 is the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned. We have two kids & a dog & we've had our LR3 for 6 months. Interior space is very ample. This truck drives like a car in the city. It's easy to park. Snow or mountains, the LR3 has blown me away at it's capabilities. It can do far more than I'll ever have the guts to push it to do. The LR3 is built like a tank. I feel so comfortable with my wife and kids driving around in it. I get about 17 MPG city & 20 on long trips. Painful with prices where they are now, but not bad considering the size and weight of these vehicles. We looked at Mercedes, Volvo, Lexus, Acura, and BMW. No regrets! The family loves the LR3 more each day!

Great SUV
By Wolfey on 04/02/08 15:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my LR3 HSE a little over a month ago. Traded in an H2. I absolutely love this truck! It surpasses the Hummer in every way. I'm getting over 18 MPG. The build quality is excellant. The ride is great and the handling better. Slap the selector into sport mode and this puppy hauls like a sports car. And I love that 550 watt stereo.

Second LR3-Loved the First Also
By Finman on 12/30/07 19:48 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded 2005 LR3 as it was running out of warranty. 2008: prem lthr much nicer although I didn't mind getting the other lthr messy. Piano-black wood...so nice but hard to really see it...so black. Ride is smoother, rock solid, no clunks, flatter in curves, less body roll (likely all due to 'newer'). Much less wind noise, virtually eliminated!!! 550W H-K sounds much better but likely due to less wind and road noise. 1st gear lurch is gone, likely transmission programming improvement. Plenty of power...doesn't need any more...it's no race car. Love this truck. Suggest leasing...resale value stinks...surprise

Love It!
By Andrew on 10/31/07 04:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle! My wife is the daily driver and I am thankful that she is able to have such a safe and competent vehicle for her and our family. This is our second LR3 and the interior seats are very similar to the Range Rover Sport leather.

The Best Ever
By Marko on 10/22/07 16:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is absolutely the smoothest car I've ever driven. Its comfort and ride are second to none. The LR3 inspires confidence and its capabilities are far beyond those of its competition. Ours is outfitted with every possible option. We just love it. Some complain about its weight, but that's one of my favorite features. This car is strong and sound, and you can feel it. I highly recommend this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.