Used 2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Not your average SUV
By maddog72

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LR3 have over 150,000 miles of driving in both. Present 2008 has 63,000 miles. I have extensive driving experiance in all types of vehicles from H1 Hummers to Toyota Prius. Land Rover LR3 is not for everyone, if trips to the mall or shopping is all you do get a mini van. My LR3 is used 60/40 60 % on road 40% off road. It is the only vehicle that you can drive down the interstate at 70 mph and then go off-road and back on the interstate and do so with the easiest driver input. This is a truck, it is big, heavy to get good gas mileage you have to drive it like you want good gas mileage. I average 18 mpg with highs of 21 mpg on trips in flat country. Off road this is a tool

Favorite Features

Excellent trailer towing Seating for 7 Best non modified off road vehicle made

Suggested Improvements

19 inch tires are a pain to find, tire size could be used to match wider selection.

Land Rover for me
By upstate ny lr3

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have 2008 Lr3 HSE, only problems are a seatbelt in the back seat and the refrig, replaced and working fine. Live where the snow flies 5-6 months of the year, Lr3 is a beast in the snow. Love to embarrass my two buds with hummers, not even in the same class. This SUV is not to drive to the mall or g-store. Love to drive this car, went on trip to florida with two kids.....great. The gas mileage was expected averaged 21mpg on highway. The car makes me walk funny, built like a tank.

Favorite Features

Great looks, wife has turned into rambo. Fun to drive on and off road. Great audio system.

Suggested Improvements

Voice recognition might as well be in a foriegn language. Needs mp3 h/u on dash. Less plastic on interior.

Zero Defects
By Underated in reviews

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd LR3 and the best vehicle I've had. I've had absolutely zero defects on this vehicle. I leased it, but am about to buy off the lease, it's that good. One thing I cannot understand is how the reviews always comment on quality. The quality of these vehicles is awesome.

Favorite Features

Off-road capability. We had particularly bad snow and ice this winter. I felt completely safe, even on dirt roads on remote hills covered with ice.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat folding could be improved. When relatives come into town, and you have to fold up/down seats, then an electric button would be desirable.

Favorite vehicle to date!
By Barry

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first vehicle I've owned that I actually like the more I drive it. I use it for every-day driving, hunting in EXTREME off-road conditions and even towing my 22' ski boat every now and then. I own many vehicles including off-road 4x4 trucks and I've found the capabilities of the LR3 are MUCH better than the pickups for hunting - and way more comfortable! Driving horizontally on steep hillsides is unbelievably comfortable due to the air-suspension self- levelling system. This is my first Land Rover product but I think I'm going to ditch the '08 Lexus and replace it with the '09 Range Rover for the "family" vehicle.

Favorite Features

Off-road capability; City/highway comfort; Power & towing capacity; Great sound system; comfort!

Suggested Improvements

2nd/3rd row sun-roofs should be active vs. static; built-in I-pod dock (everyone has one these days!)

Amazing Vehicle that keeps giving!
By socalrover1

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The LR3 is the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned. We have two kids & a dog & we've had our LR3 for 6 months. Interior space is very ample. This truck drives like a car in the city. It's easy to park. Snow or mountains, the LR3 has blown me away at it's capabilities. It can do far more than I'll ever have the guts to push it to do. The LR3 is built like a tank. I feel so comfortable with my wife and kids driving around in it. I get about 17 MPG city & 20 on long trips. Painful with prices where they are now, but not bad considering the size and weight of these vehicles. We looked at Mercedes, Volvo, Lexus, Acura, and BMW. No regrets! The family loves the LR3 more each day!

Favorite Features

-4x4 features are amazing! -3rd row seats are very practical -3 way 2nd row. We leave the middle seat down. Greatly increases your visibility. -Aux for MP3 -Memory adj seats -parking sensors are so nice on a truck

Suggested Improvements

-Navigation system is complicated! -A/C front seats would be nice.