2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Best SUV
By fallout79 on 05/24/14 04:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had always considered a Land Rover but been scared of the reliabilty. I finally went for a test drive and realized just how good this vehicle is. In terms of design, comfort, style, and capability there simply is not another vehicle that comes close. I bought an 08 with 70k on it and got an awesome deal. It had a full service history and was in mint condition. I drive it all day for business in the week and get around 18mpg. At the weekend I can load it up for weekend trips to the mountains and go on offroad trails that are extremely challenging. Othertimes I tow our 25' boat with ease. I'm at 90k with no problems. I have it regularly serviced by the LR dealer who are great. Best SUV!

Not your average SUV
By maddog72 on 06/27/12 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LR3 have over 150,000 miles of driving in both. Present 2008 has 63,000 miles. I have extensive driving experiance in all types of vehicles from H1 Hummers to Toyota Prius. Land Rover LR3 is not for everyone, if trips to the mall or shopping is all you do get a mini van. My LR3 is used 60/40 60 % on road 40% off road. It is the only vehicle that you can drive down the interstate at 70 mph and then go off-road and back on the interstate and do so with the easiest driver input. This is a truck, it is big, heavy to get good gas mileage you have to drive it like you want good gas mileage. I average 18 mpg with highs of 21 mpg on trips in flat country. Off road this is a tool

Land Rover for me
By upstate ny lr3 on 05/18/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have 2008 Lr3 HSE, only problems are a seatbelt in the back seat and the refrig, replaced and working fine. Live where the snow flies 5-6 months of the year, Lr3 is a beast in the snow. Love to embarrass my two buds with hummers, not even in the same class. This SUV is not to drive to the mall or g-store. Love to drive this car, went on trip to florida with two kids.....great. The gas mileage was expected averaged 21mpg on highway. The car makes me walk funny, built like a tank.

Bold and Beautiful
By Gautam Gupya on 04/13/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, very comfortable ride. I have test driven BMW's an Audi but of no match. Shift it to manual and then feel the difference if you want to.

Fun to drive plus much more
By kdflyer on 06/17/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great vehicle, went from a fully loaded Toyota 4runner to LR3 and after way to many years in a Toyota found something more fun, limited owner group and great dealer support. I recommend changing tires to standard SUV tires and watch fuel economy go up by 1 - 2 miles per gallons and better ride and longer life. Put 2 extra pounds of pressure in tire and she really sails down the interstate. 3rd row is awesome design compared to everything else in this class. Looking forward to the LR4. Trade off from the Toyota is better space, better visibility and after changing tires better fuel economy. Drawbacks is number of dealers but quality has been great.

Zero Defects
By Underated in reviews on 05/25/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd LR3 and the best vehicle I've had. I've had absolutely zero defects on this vehicle. I leased it, but am about to buy off the lease, it's that good. One thing I cannot understand is how the reviews always comment on quality. The quality of these vehicles is awesome.

Favorite vehicle to date!
By Barry on 04/05/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the first vehicle I've owned that I actually like the more I drive it. I use it for every-day driving, hunting in EXTREME off-road conditions and even towing my 22' ski boat every now and then. I own many vehicles including off-road 4x4 trucks and I've found the capabilities of the LR3 are MUCH better than the pickups for hunting - and way more comfortable! Driving horizontally on steep hillsides is unbelievably comfortable due to the air-suspension self- levelling system. This is my first Land Rover product but I think I'm going to ditch the '08 Lexus and replace it with the '09 Range Rover for the "family" vehicle.

Design Flaw
By Vincent on 12/07/08 13:25 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love it! Contrary to some reviews, I like the lumbering feeling in the LR3. Very roomy, very safe. My wife drives my 2 kids around and about, and I am at ease knowing they are in such a solid and safe vehicle. Here is the flaw. After a severe fall rain storm, my wife opened the door of our LR3 and water poured out of the front passenger seat. The dealer told me that leaves clog the soffet for the moon roof drainage system. The H20 has no where to go, so it falls inside the car. She said it is a design flaw for all 3 models. She knew exactly what it was when I called it in. If you garage your LR3, then don't sweat it. If you have a garage that is too low for the LR3. Heads up!

Saved My life
By Peterkin on 10/10/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was driving my brand new Land Rover Discovery last week when the car next to was hit by another car and hit me. I was pushed off the road and hit a group of large trees at about 40 MPH. I did not even have time to hit the brakes. The car did everything right- all airbags deployed engine shut off etc. I walked away -the car totalled. You know all the other features are great but safety is number one. I am picking up my new Discovery soon!

Amazing Vehicle that keeps giving!
By socalrover1 on 09/24/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The LR3 is the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned. We have two kids & a dog & we've had our LR3 for 6 months. Interior space is very ample. This truck drives like a car in the city. It's easy to park. Snow or mountains, the LR3 has blown me away at it's capabilities. It can do far more than I'll ever have the guts to push it to do. The LR3 is built like a tank. I feel so comfortable with my wife and kids driving around in it. I get about 17 MPG city & 20 on long trips. Painful with prices where they are now, but not bad considering the size and weight of these vehicles. We looked at Mercedes, Volvo, Lexus, Acura, and BMW. No regrets! The family loves the LR3 more each day!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.