Used 2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land-rover Lr3 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

This is what a proper suv should be
By discovery3

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Where to start??? I have 2008 discovery3/lr3 with the luxury, cold weather, and heavy duty package with front parking sensors And rear entertainment center. Best car I have ever owned!!! And I have owned alot, 15+ since I was 18. This one is staying around for a while. There is nothing it can't do.. well everything except gas mileage. It is quite thirsty guzzling down premium petrol.

Favorite Features

Ride height adjustment, full folding seats with 7 passenger. Three sun roofs. Split tail gate. Very smooth 6 speed automatic with sport mode and comand shift. Tall side windows for great view. Most people stare and smile when they see the car. It is often confused with the higher end range rover model.

Suggested Improvements

Interior dash is a bit cheaply made. The hse looks a bit better with added the standard wood trim. The leather seats are really nice and durable but a tad bit too firm but still really comfortable For the long drive. The only other improvement would be to make the sunroof fully open. I guess the design with the step roof prevents this

Best SUV
By fallout79

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had always considered a Land Rover but been scared of the reliabilty. I finally went for a test drive and realized just how good this vehicle is. In terms of design, comfort, style, and capability there simply is not another vehicle that comes close. I bought an 08 with 70k on it and got an awesome deal. It had a full service history and was in mint condition. I drive it all day for business in the week and get around 18mpg. At the weekend I can load it up for weekend trips to the mountains and go on offroad trails that are extremely challenging. Othertimes I tow our 25' boat with ease. I'm at 90k with no problems. I have it regularly serviced by the LR dealer who are great. Best SUV!

Favorite Features

Variable height suspension. Great looks. Driving position and visibility. Ease of adaptability of rear cabin from luxury seating to massive storage area. Towing ability. Size - just a bit smaller than a Tahoe combines with a tight turning circle to make this very easy to drive around town and in parking lots. All the luxury features. At 90k miles EVERYTHING works perfectly. Can't say the same for my wife's Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

Not much to improve. The power is adequate, but when the time comes I look forward to moving into an LR4 with the 375hp engine. Like I said though, I can tow more than many trucks, so can't really complain.

Not your average SUV
By maddog72

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LR3 have over 150,000 miles of driving in both. Present 2008 has 63,000 miles. I have extensive driving experiance in all types of vehicles from H1 Hummers to Toyota Prius. Land Rover LR3 is not for everyone, if trips to the mall or shopping is all you do get a mini van. My LR3 is used 60/40 60 % on road 40% off road. It is the only vehicle that you can drive down the interstate at 70 mph and then go off-road and back on the interstate and do so with the easiest driver input. This is a truck, it is big, heavy to get good gas mileage you have to drive it like you want good gas mileage. I average 18 mpg with highs of 21 mpg on trips in flat country. Off road this is a tool

Favorite Features

Excellent trailer towing Seating for 7 Best non modified off road vehicle made

Suggested Improvements

19 inch tires are a pain to find, tire size could be used to match wider selection.

Land Rover for me
By upstate ny lr3

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have 2008 Lr3 HSE, only problems are a seatbelt in the back seat and the refrig, replaced and working fine. Live where the snow flies 5-6 months of the year, Lr3 is a beast in the snow. Love to embarrass my two buds with hummers, not even in the same class. This SUV is not to drive to the mall or g-store. Love to drive this car, went on trip to florida with two kids.....great. The gas mileage was expected averaged 21mpg on highway. The car makes me walk funny, built like a tank.

Favorite Features

Great looks, wife has turned into rambo. Fun to drive on and off road. Great audio system.

Suggested Improvements

Voice recognition might as well be in a foriegn language. Needs mp3 h/u on dash. Less plastic on interior.

Bold and Beautiful
By Gautam Gupya

2008 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, very comfortable ride. I have test driven BMW's an Audi but of no match. Shift it to manual and then feel the difference if you want to.

Favorite Features

Everything, the only car which has no blind spot.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage