2008 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Best SUV
By fallout79 on 05/24/14 04:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had always considered a Land Rover but been scared of the reliabilty. I finally went for a test drive and realized just how good this vehicle is. In terms of design, comfort, style, and capability there simply is not another vehicle that comes close. I bought an 08 with 70k on it and got an awesome deal. It had a full service history and was in mint condition. I drive it all day for business in the week and get around 18mpg. At the weekend I can load it up for weekend trips to the mountains and go on offroad trails that are extremely challenging. Othertimes I tow our 25' boat with ease. I'm at 90k with no problems. I have it regularly serviced by the LR dealer who are great. Best SUV!

Bold and Beautiful
By Gautam Gupya on 04/13/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Fun to drive, very comfortable ride. I have test driven BMW's an Audi but of no match. Shift it to manual and then feel the difference if you want to.

Fun to drive plus much more
By kdflyer on 06/17/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great vehicle, went from a fully loaded Toyota 4runner to LR3 and after way to many years in a Toyota found something more fun, limited owner group and great dealer support. I recommend changing tires to standard SUV tires and watch fuel economy go up by 1 - 2 miles per gallons and better ride and longer life. Put 2 extra pounds of pressure in tire and she really sails down the interstate. 3rd row is awesome design compared to everything else in this class. Looking forward to the LR4. Trade off from the Toyota is better space, better visibility and after changing tires better fuel economy. Drawbacks is number of dealers but quality has been great.

Design Flaw
By Vincent on 12/07/08 13:25 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love it! Contrary to some reviews, I like the lumbering feeling in the LR3. Very roomy, very safe. My wife drives my 2 kids around and about, and I am at ease knowing they are in such a solid and safe vehicle. Here is the flaw. After a severe fall rain storm, my wife opened the door of our LR3 and water poured out of the front passenger seat. The dealer told me that leaves clog the soffet for the moon roof drainage system. The H20 has no where to go, so it falls inside the car. She said it is a design flaw for all 3 models. She knew exactly what it was when I called it in. If you garage your LR3, then don't sweat it. If you have a garage that is too low for the LR3. Heads up!

Saved My life
By Peterkin on 10/10/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was driving my brand new Land Rover Discovery last week when the car next to was hit by another car and hit me. I was pushed off the road and hit a group of large trees at about 40 MPH. I did not even have time to hit the brakes. The car did everything right- all airbags deployed engine shut off etc. I walked away -the car totalled. You know all the other features are great but safety is number one. I am picking up my new Discovery soon!

LR3
By richard on 05/18/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Horrible gas mileage. Truly horrible gas usage. Uncomfortable front seating. Clunky. Great interior. Good looks. Massive depreciation. Wouldn't recommend.

LR3 Best of the Best
By David on 09/26/07 12:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Incredible vehicle, with brand exclusiveness and Ford reliability. Solid and quiet from vault like construction. Handling is precise with insulated road feedback and excelleent pot-hole dampening. The LR3 is underrated and is a great value for the money. This is our second vehicle and enjoy the comfort it provides in all driving conditions. Our last LR3 was involved in a highway accident and the truck provided adequate safety and protection for the family while absorbing some tremendous forces.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.