Used 2008 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Land-rover Lr3 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Land Rover LR3

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Amazing Vehicle that keeps giving!
By socalrover1

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The LR3 is the most versatile vehicle I've ever owned. We have two kids & a dog & we've had our LR3 for 6 months. Interior space is very ample. This truck drives like a car in the city. It's easy to park. Snow or mountains, the LR3 has blown me away at it's capabilities. It can do far more than I'll ever have the guts to push it to do. The LR3 is built like a tank. I feel so comfortable with my wife and kids driving around in it. I get about 17 MPG city & 20 on long trips. Painful with prices where they are now, but not bad considering the size and weight of these vehicles. We looked at Mercedes, Volvo, Lexus, Acura, and BMW. No regrets! The family loves the LR3 more each day!

Favorite Features

-4x4 features are amazing! -3rd row seats are very practical -3 way 2nd row. We leave the middle seat down. Greatly increases your visibility. -Aux for MP3 -Memory adj seats -parking sensors are so nice on a truck

Suggested Improvements

-Navigation system is complicated! -A/C front seats would be nice.

Saved My life
By Peterkin

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was driving my brand new Land Rover Discovery last week when the car next to was hit by another car and hit me. I was pushed off the road and hit a group of large trees at about 40 MPH. I did not even have time to hit the brakes. The car did everything right- all airbags deployed engine shut off etc. I walked away -the car totalled. You know all the other features are great but safety is number one. I am picking up my new Discovery soon!

LR3
By richard

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Horrible gas mileage. Truly horrible gas usage. Uncomfortable front seating. Clunky. Great interior. Good looks. Massive depreciation. Wouldn't recommend.

Favorite Features

Interior seating layout/flexibility

Suggested Improvements

Improvement in engine efficiency. Improve gas mileage substantially. improvement in front seating comfort.

Land Rover for me
By upstate ny lr3

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have 2008 Lr3 HSE, only problems are a seatbelt in the back seat and the refrig, replaced and working fine. Live where the snow flies 5-6 months of the year, Lr3 is a beast in the snow. Love to embarrass my two buds with hummers, not even in the same class. This SUV is not to drive to the mall or g-store. Love to drive this car, went on trip to florida with two kids.....great. The gas mileage was expected averaged 21mpg on highway. The car makes me walk funny, built like a tank.

Favorite Features

Great looks, wife has turned into rambo. Fun to drive on and off road. Great audio system.

Suggested Improvements

Voice recognition might as well be in a foriegn language. Needs mp3 h/u on dash. Less plastic on interior.

Second LR3-Loved the First Also
By Finman

2008 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded 2005 LR3 as it was running out of warranty. 2008: prem lthr much nicer although I didn't mind getting the other lthr messy. Piano-black wood...so nice but hard to really see it...so black. Ride is smoother, rock solid, no clunks, flatter in curves, less body roll (likely all due to 'newer'). Much less wind noise, virtually eliminated!!! 550W H-K sounds much better but likely due to less wind and road noise. 1st gear lurch is gone, likely transmission programming improvement. Plenty of power...doesn't need any more...it's no race car. Love this truck. Suggest leasing...resale value stinks...surprise

Favorite Features

Real off-road capability, utilitarian, pleasure to drive every day. 7-adult seating. Armrest refrigerator! Great adaptive xenons. Very smooth, sufficiently powerful engine. Real wood trim much nicer than tack-on junk in early cars. Power steering adjustment! Love open feeling with vast headroom.

Suggested Improvements

Diesel! Latch for all 3 rows. Goodyears are terrible (19k on 2005; Michelins were 1/2 used with 26k on 'em). Brakes and rotors (gone after 20k on 2005)...cover brakes with warranty. Keyless entry, automatic rear hatch, auto-up/down for all four windows! Additional interior color options.