2007 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Review: A soccer mom's dream!

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Review

A soccer mom's dream!
By ML on

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my favorite SUV! Waited to write review in case I had reliability issues that I had read on this site - 9 months/20K KM and nothing so far. Compared to my past Escalade, Denali, Touareg, Jeep GC ltd, and MB 430, my Rover is way more fun, sturdy yet nimble, tows with ease, has more versatile interior space, much quieter cabin, better road view & headlighting, most headroom, and all the luxuries to boot. Not quite as quick as Touareg (V10 mind you!), 5.4L Jeep, or MB430, but shift into sport and it provides more than enough power for the average Joe. Breaking is strong and confident for a vehicle this size. Purchased the LR3 over the Lexus 470 & Audi Q7 - glad I made the right decision!

Lowers to fit into any garage; double door back hatch; 3 12V plugs; autodim mirror feature works the strongest I've seen; center console cooler; variety of 4WD settings; easily navigated northern ONT roads in 07/08 during the worst Canadian winter I can remember; so ugly it's cute.

Diesel option; mirror mounted compass; rain sensing wiper system could be a little less sensitive; factory DVD (but 12V plug access behind center console easily permits mounting of mobile unit on top of center console); auto retract for side view mirrors; seats could be a bit softer