Used 2007 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

A soccer mom's dream!
By ML

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my favorite SUV! Waited to write review in case I had reliability issues that I had read on this site - 9 months/20K KM and nothing so far. Compared to my past Escalade, Denali, Touareg, Jeep GC ltd, and MB 430, my Rover is way more fun, sturdy yet nimble, tows with ease, has more versatile interior space, much quieter cabin, better road view & headlighting, most headroom, and all the luxuries to boot. Not quite as quick as Touareg (V10 mind you!), 5.4L Jeep, or MB430, but shift into sport and it provides more than enough power for the average Joe. Breaking is strong and confident for a vehicle this size. Purchased the LR3 over the Lexus 470 & Audi Q7 - glad I made the right decision!

Lowers to fit into any garage; double door back hatch; 3 12V plugs; autodim mirror feature works the strongest I've seen; center console cooler; variety of 4WD settings; easily navigated northern ONT roads in 07/08 during the worst Canadian winter I can remember; so ugly it's cute.

Diesel option; mirror mounted compass; rain sensing wiper system could be a little less sensitive; factory DVD (but 12V plug access behind center console easily permits mounting of mobile unit on top of center console); auto retract for side view mirrors; seats could be a bit softer

Land rover quality
By carz

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my vehicle. It runs smooth and no problems what so ever. I don't like the fact I get 15 miles per gallon. One stumbling block I have had is I bought a boat recently and now need a hitch. The dealer quoted me almost $800 for a hitch. If you don't need a hitch and don't care about gas mileage this is the greatest SUV.

I love my heated seats and my Sirius radio.

Improvements can be the gas mileage.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Bradley

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Each day of driving I am more pleased with the LR3. I have accrued 4000 miles so far and have enjoyed every one of them. The vehicle is a bit heavy, but has a very smooth & comfortable ride. The 4.4 liter V8 performs well in all normal day to day driving conditions. Some dedicated studying is required to make full use of the stereo & climate interfaces. Though overall, this vehicle gives its driver an incredible sense of poise & stability....rain or shine, but especially rain!

Electronic air ride suspension. Exceptional handling

It would be nice if the 12v power outlets would function when the vehicle is off

So Far So Very Good
By VincentET

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

People and magazines have said LR's aren't reliable, but so far not a single problem. I like this SUV better than any of my past vehicles- Jeep Grand Cherokee, MB ML320, Cadillac SRX, Infiniti QX4. All those trucks had numerous service issues(except Infiniti).

Suspension/off road system. Quiet cabin.

Radio should have aux input in dash, not rear of center console. MP3 playback display to cryptic. Ignition key way too big and clumsy.

Best Luxury SUV For The Money
By Chicago's Car

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Everyone expects a lot of vehicle at this price point, $40k - $50K. I had researched and shopped the Toyota Highlander, Buick Enclave, Mazda CX-9 and the Honda Pilot. For the bottom dollar cost - the LR3 had the most standard amenities and safety features by a long shot at this price point. At the upper levels of any of the models I looked at, they all came within a stone's throw of my purchase price. This SUV is extremely secure in all driving conditions. Driving in downtown Chicago, this car handles stop and go traffic with ease. Very strong braking and sufficient acceleration with the V8. Highway driving is whisper quiet - and there's no other SUV that has a better driving position.

Air suspension/height adjustment. Extremely comfortable seats. Interior space and storage. Seat configuration options. Handling. Split tailgate (clamshell)

A DVD entertainment system should be an manufacturer's option at this price point - and not a dealer added option.