Used 2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

No Worries!
By Vance

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We needed a family utilitarian replacement SUV after all the negative safety issues with our Pathfinder. We stumbled across an 07 HSSE with less than 17K on it while looking at an 09. This was our first experience with Land Rover. We tried the Pilot and the Highlander, but then they are everywhere and very dull. This was love at first drive! Quite different than some of the negative comments read before hand. It was smooth on the road and very comfortable, while having tons of room in 3 rows. Better yet its not a "manly man" truck like a Tahoe or similar. And the plastics are fine. Much better than what we were expecting. Yes, gadgets are plenty, but read the manual. It works!

Favorite Features

Driving position, road comfort and amenities. Bluetooth "touch tone" dialing feature. We get same or slightly better MPG than previous gas hogs. Its an SUV!

Suggested Improvements

Needs subtle added standard features like running boards and roof rails. Navi is good, but could be better.

A soccer mom's dream!
By ML

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my favorite SUV! Waited to write review in case I had reliability issues that I had read on this site - 9 months/20K KM and nothing so far. Compared to my past Escalade, Denali, Touareg, Jeep GC ltd, and MB 430, my Rover is way more fun, sturdy yet nimble, tows with ease, has more versatile interior space, much quieter cabin, better road view & headlighting, most headroom, and all the luxuries to boot. Not quite as quick as Touareg (V10 mind you!), 5.4L Jeep, or MB430, but shift into sport and it provides more than enough power for the average Joe. Breaking is strong and confident for a vehicle this size. Purchased the LR3 over the Lexus 470 & Audi Q7 - glad I made the right decision!

Favorite Features

Lowers to fit into any garage; double door back hatch; 3 12V plugs; autodim mirror feature works the strongest I've seen; center console cooler; variety of 4WD settings; easily navigated northern ONT roads in 07/08 during the worst Canadian winter I can remember; so ugly it's cute.

Suggested Improvements

Diesel option; mirror mounted compass; rain sensing wiper system could be a little less sensitive; factory DVD (but 12V plug access behind center console easily permits mounting of mobile unit on top of center console); auto retract for side view mirrors; seats could be a bit softer

Land rover quality
By carz

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my vehicle. It runs smooth and no problems what so ever. I don't like the fact I get 15 miles per gallon. One stumbling block I have had is I bought a boat recently and now need a hitch. The dealer quoted me almost $800 for a hitch. If you don't need a hitch and don't care about gas mileage this is the greatest SUV.

Favorite Features

I love my heated seats and my Sirius radio.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements can be the gas mileage.

Great Ride Great Value
By Canuck

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Despite some initial hesitation, I am glad I went for the LR3 HSE. Overall it is a great vehicle in any driving situations. The comfort and ride is superb even during long trips with kids and luggage. The flexibility of seating arrangements is second to none. The sense of security and off- road capability of the LR 3 place it in a class of its own. My wife and I went to the Land Rover off-road driving school in Montebello Quebec and loved it. LR3 is virtually unstoppable. It is not a SAV, Crossover/sedan on steriods it is a true SUV. If you are looking for sedan like performance..buy a sedan. V8 offers plenty of power under all normal driving conditions including passing and goign up hill.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the Nav, Bluetooth, HK sound system, command shift and voice command. The off-road capabilites and air suspension provide a great ride and sense of security on and off road. The ability to quickly re-configure is a big plus.

Suggested Improvements

Only minor things. Interior wood trim should be standard on the HSE. The rear cargo cover should have a build in handle for ease of closing an the latch system for the sunscreen on the three panoramic/sunroofs could be improved and easier to use

Love it
By ZCS

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 04 Lincoln Navigator before. Time for something a little smaller. Owned a 1999 Discovery II for 4 years before the Lincoln. The Landrover is just built better. Better quality material. People complain about quality. Never had any problems with my Disco and nothing so far with the LR3. Funny thing my Acura RL was in the shop more than either of these two trucks. This truck is great. Outstanding looks and the dealers rock. Best Ive ever had. Better than my Mercedes, Acura, Lincoln, BMW.

Favorite Features

Heated windows for Chicago, outstanding 4wd for snow. Headlights that turn with the steering. Memory seats that are controlled from the remote.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. No excuse for 13-14 mpg. Can't just blame Landrover. All these SUVs get crappy mpg.