2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
No Worries!
By Vance on 08/21/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We needed a family utilitarian replacement SUV after all the negative safety issues with our Pathfinder. We stumbled across an 07 HSSE with less than 17K on it while looking at an 09. This was our first experience with Land Rover. We tried the Pilot and the Highlander, but then they are everywhere and very dull. This was love at first drive! Quite different than some of the negative comments read before hand. It was smooth on the road and very comfortable, while having tons of room in 3 rows. Better yet its not a "manly man" truck like a Tahoe or similar. And the plastics are fine. Much better than what we were expecting. Yes, gadgets are plenty, but read the manual. It works!

A soccer mom's dream!
By ML on 06/04/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my favorite SUV! Waited to write review in case I had reliability issues that I had read on this site - 9 months/20K KM and nothing so far. Compared to my past Escalade, Denali, Touareg, Jeep GC ltd, and MB 430, my Rover is way more fun, sturdy yet nimble, tows with ease, has more versatile interior space, much quieter cabin, better road view & headlighting, most headroom, and all the luxuries to boot. Not quite as quick as Touareg (V10 mind you!), 5.4L Jeep, or MB430, but shift into sport and it provides more than enough power for the average Joe. Breaking is strong and confident for a vehicle this size. Purchased the LR3 over the Lexus 470 & Audi Q7 - glad I made the right decision!

Land rover quality
By carz on 03/13/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my vehicle. It runs smooth and no problems what so ever. I don't like the fact I get 15 miles per gallon. One stumbling block I have had is I bought a boat recently and now need a hitch. The dealer quoted me almost $800 for a hitch. If you don't need a hitch and don't care about gas mileage this is the greatest SUV.

Great Ride Great Value
By Canuck on 10/03/07 10:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Despite some initial hesitation, I am glad I went for the LR3 HSE. Overall it is a great vehicle in any driving situations. The comfort and ride is superb even during long trips with kids and luggage. The flexibility of seating arrangements is second to none. The sense of security and off- road capability of the LR 3 place it in a class of its own. My wife and I went to the Land Rover off-road driving school in Montebello Quebec and loved it. LR3 is virtually unstoppable. It is not a SAV, Crossover/sedan on steriods it is a true SUV. If you are looking for sedan like performance..buy a sedan. V8 offers plenty of power under all normal driving conditions including passing and goign up hill.

Love it
By ZCS on 08/02/07 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 04 Lincoln Navigator before. Time for something a little smaller. Owned a 1999 Discovery II for 4 years before the Lincoln. The Landrover is just built better. Better quality material. People complain about quality. Never had any problems with my Disco and nothing so far with the LR3. Funny thing my Acura RL was in the shop more than either of these two trucks. This truck is great. Outstanding looks and the dealers rock. Best Ive ever had. Better than my Mercedes, Acura, Lincoln, BMW.

Landrover LR3 HSE
By steve on 07/10/07 08:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i have been enjoying this vehicle ever since i got it. It did well on our trip considering how many ride in it and handles well. If you are looking for a mid size SUV and still want cargo this is the car to get. The 3rd row seat is good to have in case you find yourself carrying more than expected. Of cousre it handles great off road.

Love the LR3
By grampulla on 06/03/07 17:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great car if you're buying it for the right reasons and not for a soccer mom/dad car. Might want to look elsewhere for that but if you're looking for an SUV that will support and active outdoors lifestyle or haul around 7 adults with no problem then this is your vehicle. I owned a 2000 Disco which I loved to hate but still decieded to take a chance on the LR3 and so far I am happy I did. Being a LR I did buy the extended warranty to 7yr/100000 and we'll see how it goes. Rear seats fold down completely flat and allow me to put up to 4-5 bikes in the back of the vehicle. I mounted fork mounts in the rear seats and now my bikes stay put.

Great vehicle
By bob on 05/19/07 08:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the greatest car I have ever owned and I have had it for a few months with no issues. It has great space whenever I need it. It is great to have third row seat that fold into the floor because I dont need it that often.

First 5000 miles
By Gillz on 05/03/07 14:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have gone offroad (snow/rock) as well as 1500mi mountain / freeway drive so put the new LR3 through the paces. Result is a very comfortable, pleased customer. No problems to speak of, just a rattle behind 2 speakers which the dealer fixed.

Has not met expectations
By Charles from Canada on 04/27/07 06:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Replace our Honda Pilot with this and not sure it was the best move. At times the LR3 is great and a cool car with great features and technology, but the reliability and service has been poor. Also the handling is not good and the fuel mileage is a disaster. We generally enjoy it with the family, but glad we leased because this vehicle unfortunately has caused too many problems. Our Cadillac SRX blows this vehicle away in every regard and every day the short stick gets to drive the LR3.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.