2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Why drive Bland when you can drive EXCITING!!?
By pouladi1 on 04/08/11 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V6 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a pre-owned, mint condition 2007 LR 3 V6 , This is my 3rd Land Rover and to be frank the only thing I hate is why I waited so long to buy this SUV!?! I was lucky to find my deep green exterior, beige leather interior beauty! The drive is smooth commanding and fun! Fit and finish is perfect, The vehicle looks so gorgeous and the interior looks expensive. Dont look elsewhere, just drive a Land Rover and see what all this fuss is about, I guarantee you , once you drive one, you will not drive another vehicle! coincidentally the day I bought it snowed and all i did was to activate the terrain response! it drive through ice and snow like knife through butter!

No Worries!
By Vance on 08/21/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We needed a family utilitarian replacement SUV after all the negative safety issues with our Pathfinder. We stumbled across an 07 HSSE with less than 17K on it while looking at an 09. This was our first experience with Land Rover. We tried the Pilot and the Highlander, but then they are everywhere and very dull. This was love at first drive! Quite different than some of the negative comments read before hand. It was smooth on the road and very comfortable, while having tons of room in 3 rows. Better yet its not a "manly man" truck like a Tahoe or similar. And the plastics are fine. Much better than what we were expecting. Yes, gadgets are plenty, but read the manual. It works!

Love this vehicle
By Brian on 07/21/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I truly agree that this is not the best vehicle on the market for getting kids to and from school and day in day out errands, but when you baalnce that out with weeknd trips to the beach, hiking, mountain biking, and towing a boat there is no better vehicle. I got rid of my first LR3 and bought a smaller fule effecient SUV and after 2 months went back to and LR3. I can't see myself in any other vehicle. During fishing and camping trips I have found myself in a few off road/water situations and have never had an issue even when the passengers doubted it could get to the place we wanted to go. It polishes up well for days in the office, but also loves to get dirty and looks good doing it.

Do not buy this car!
By skinnyheart on 07/20/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love so many things about this car - but I hate many more. I have lost count of how many times I've taken this car to the dealership to repair malfunctioning lights, seat heaters, etc. (I think it's been 8 so far). The front window molding blew off on the highway 3 months after purchase. In the last two months this car has broken down twice - while we were on vacation both times - and it only has 25,000 miles on it. It is at the shop now, 400 miles from my home. Who knows what is wrong with it. It is very poorly made.

I do not recomend this car
By kimabob on 06/23/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My last 3 cars have been Land Rovers. I like them because they are so big and roomy. I dont ge't claustrophobic in them. So as usual I got a land rover when it was time for a new car. I don't recomend this car one of the worst things with high gas prices is the 15 mpg and premium gas. The first few weeks the engine was smooth and fast but now it is pretty loud and a little bumpy. All the features are a little hard to remember how to use. Folding the second row seats flat is a little bit of a struggle and there is not as much leg room as expected in the back seat. The third row is pretty comfortable but with the third row up there is only a couple inches to put bags. And only 1 of the three sunroofs open

A soccer mom's dream!
By ML on 06/04/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my favorite SUV! Waited to write review in case I had reliability issues that I had read on this site - 9 months/20K KM and nothing so far. Compared to my past Escalade, Denali, Touareg, Jeep GC ltd, and MB 430, my Rover is way more fun, sturdy yet nimble, tows with ease, has more versatile interior space, much quieter cabin, better road view & headlighting, most headroom, and all the luxuries to boot. Not quite as quick as Touareg (V10 mind you!), 5.4L Jeep, or MB430, but shift into sport and it provides more than enough power for the average Joe. Breaking is strong and confident for a vehicle this size. Purchased the LR3 over the Lexus 470 & Audi Q7 - glad I made the right decision!

Land rover quality
By carz on 03/13/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love my vehicle. It runs smooth and no problems what so ever. I don't like the fact I get 15 miles per gallon. One stumbling block I have had is I bought a boat recently and now need a hitch. The dealer quoted me almost $800 for a hitch. If you don't need a hitch and don't care about gas mileage this is the greatest SUV.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Bradley on 12/05/07 22:38 PM (PST)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Each day of driving I am more pleased with the LR3. I have accrued 4000 miles so far and have enjoyed every one of them. The vehicle is a bit heavy, but has a very smooth & comfortable ride. The 4.4 liter V8 performs well in all normal day to day driving conditions. Some dedicated studying is required to make full use of the stereo & climate interfaces. Though overall, this vehicle gives its driver an incredible sense of poise & stability....rain or shine, but especially rain!

So Far So Very Good
By VincentET on 10/17/07 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

People and magazines have said LR's aren't reliable, but so far not a single problem. I like this SUV better than any of my past vehicles- Jeep Grand Cherokee, MB ML320, Cadillac SRX, Infiniti QX4. All those trucks had numerous service issues(except Infiniti).

Best Luxury SUV For The Money
By Chicago's Car on 10/12/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Everyone expects a lot of vehicle at this price point, $40k - $50K. I had researched and shopped the Toyota Highlander, Buick Enclave, Mazda CX-9 and the Honda Pilot. For the bottom dollar cost - the LR3 had the most standard amenities and safety features by a long shot at this price point. At the upper levels of any of the models I looked at, they all came within a stone's throw of my purchase price. This SUV is extremely secure in all driving conditions. Driving in downtown Chicago, this car handles stop and go traffic with ease. Very strong braking and sufficient acceleration with the V8. Highway driving is whisper quiet - and there's no other SUV that has a better driving position.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.