2007 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Love this vehicle
By Brian on 07/21/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I truly agree that this is not the best vehicle on the market for getting kids to and from school and day in day out errands, but when you baalnce that out with weeknd trips to the beach, hiking, mountain biking, and towing a boat there is no better vehicle. I got rid of my first LR3 and bought a smaller fule effecient SUV and after 2 months went back to and LR3. I can't see myself in any other vehicle. During fishing and camping trips I have found myself in a few off road/water situations and have never had an issue even when the passengers doubted it could get to the place we wanted to go. It polishes up well for days in the office, but also loves to get dirty and looks good doing it.

Do not buy this car!
By skinnyheart on 07/20/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love so many things about this car - but I hate many more. I have lost count of how many times I've taken this car to the dealership to repair malfunctioning lights, seat heaters, etc. (I think it's been 8 so far). The front window molding blew off on the highway 3 months after purchase. In the last two months this car has broken down twice - while we were on vacation both times - and it only has 25,000 miles on it. It is at the shop now, 400 miles from my home. Who knows what is wrong with it. It is very poorly made.

I do not recomend this car
By kimabob on 06/23/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My last 3 cars have been Land Rovers. I like them because they are so big and roomy. I dont ge't claustrophobic in them. So as usual I got a land rover when it was time for a new car. I don't recomend this car one of the worst things with high gas prices is the 15 mpg and premium gas. The first few weeks the engine was smooth and fast but now it is pretty loud and a little bumpy. All the features are a little hard to remember how to use. Folding the second row seats flat is a little bit of a struggle and there is not as much leg room as expected in the back seat. The third row is pretty comfortable but with the third row up there is only a couple inches to put bags. And only 1 of the three sunroofs open

Outstanding Vehicle
By Bradley on 12/05/07 22:38 PM (PST)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Each day of driving I am more pleased with the LR3. I have accrued 4000 miles so far and have enjoyed every one of them. The vehicle is a bit heavy, but has a very smooth & comfortable ride. The 4.4 liter V8 performs well in all normal day to day driving conditions. Some dedicated studying is required to make full use of the stereo & climate interfaces. Though overall, this vehicle gives its driver an incredible sense of poise & stability....rain or shine, but especially rain!

So Far So Very Good
By VincentET on 10/17/07 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

People and magazines have said LR's aren't reliable, but so far not a single problem. I like this SUV better than any of my past vehicles- Jeep Grand Cherokee, MB ML320, Cadillac SRX, Infiniti QX4. All those trucks had numerous service issues(except Infiniti).

Best Luxury SUV For The Money
By Chicago's Car on 10/12/07 17:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Everyone expects a lot of vehicle at this price point, $40k - $50K. I had researched and shopped the Toyota Highlander, Buick Enclave, Mazda CX-9 and the Honda Pilot. For the bottom dollar cost - the LR3 had the most standard amenities and safety features by a long shot at this price point. At the upper levels of any of the models I looked at, they all came within a stone's throw of my purchase price. This SUV is extremely secure in all driving conditions. Driving in downtown Chicago, this car handles stop and go traffic with ease. Very strong braking and sufficient acceleration with the V8. Highway driving is whisper quiet - and there's no other SUV that has a better driving position.

Recommended!
By lr3lvr on 09/24/07 17:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We are completely happy with our LR3. It's a real head turner and not to be confused with any other. I've owned other Land Rovers and this is the best by far!

Completely disappointed, cheaply made
By e on 08/24/07 07:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We sold our 2 year old GMC Denali to get the LR3, and have regretted it every since the first week. We have had nothing but problems, one thing after another and live 3 hours from the dealership. The Land Rover is built like a car 1/4 of the cost. To pay 50+K for our land rover, you should expect more things standard like a navigation system or at least something that tells you which direction you are headed. It seems the LR3 is poorly made and we will not be upgrading to the Range Rover sport as initially intended. I would NEVER recommend one. I am a mother of three and drive very conservative, still after less than 20K miles we are having to replace the brakes and tires. WHY? Cheaply made.

So far, I'm in love with this truck!
By SF Owner on 05/24/07 15:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The design couldn't be better, and they realyl thought of all of the little details in this thing. I bought it with 45K miles on it, so I'm hoping that anything that would have gone wrong by now has already done so. The company offers extended warranties as well. Great for road trips- very roomy.

Enjoyable
By Prawdz on 05/21/07 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We really enjoy our Land Rover. We are first time owners and feel the realibility and service is teriffic. Because of the large engine and performance, the gas mileage is disappointing. As well all the offroad gadgets can get in the way. Really, do any of us actually use half of what the Land Rover offers in off- road performance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.