Used 2007 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Why drive Bland when you can drive EXCITING!!?
By pouladi1

2007 Land Rover LR3 V6 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a pre-owned, mint condition 2007 LR 3 V6 , This is my 3rd Land Rover and to be frank the only thing I hate is why I waited so long to buy this SUV!?! I was lucky to find my deep green exterior, beige leather interior beauty! The drive is smooth commanding and fun! Fit and finish is perfect, The vehicle looks so gorgeous and the interior looks expensive. Dont look elsewhere, just drive a Land Rover and see what all this fuss is about, I guarantee you , once you drive one, you will not drive another vehicle! coincidentally the day I bought it snowed and all i did was to activate the terrain response! it drive through ice and snow like knife through butter!

Terrain response, High seating position and comfy seats! plus the rear seat package is actually comfortable for 2 adults!

Gas mileage is the only downside, but it will take a genius to figure out how to maximize gas mileage on a two ton SUV!

No Worries!
By Vance

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We needed a family utilitarian replacement SUV after all the negative safety issues with our Pathfinder. We stumbled across an 07 HSSE with less than 17K on it while looking at an 09. This was our first experience with Land Rover. We tried the Pilot and the Highlander, but then they are everywhere and very dull. This was love at first drive! Quite different than some of the negative comments read before hand. It was smooth on the road and very comfortable, while having tons of room in 3 rows. Better yet its not a "manly man" truck like a Tahoe or similar. And the plastics are fine. Much better than what we were expecting. Yes, gadgets are plenty, but read the manual. It works!

Driving position, road comfort and amenities. Bluetooth "touch tone" dialing feature. We get same or slightly better MPG than previous gas hogs. Its an SUV!

Needs subtle added standard features like running boards and roof rails. Navi is good, but could be better.

Love this vehicle
By Brian

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I truly agree that this is not the best vehicle on the market for getting kids to and from school and day in day out errands, but when you baalnce that out with weeknd trips to the beach, hiking, mountain biking, and towing a boat there is no better vehicle. I got rid of my first LR3 and bought a smaller fule effecient SUV and after 2 months went back to and LR3. I can't see myself in any other vehicle. During fishing and camping trips I have found myself in a few off road/water situations and have never had an issue even when the passengers doubted it could get to the place we wanted to go. It polishes up well for days in the office, but also loves to get dirty and looks good doing it.

Cargo capacity, go anywhere do anything ability. Navigation system and bluetooth are very user friendly. Aux input and very good sound system. Reliability. 06 forward in these vehicles have shown very good and on both my first and second LR3 have had 0 issues to date. Service department.

Plastic trim needs updating. Rear- view camera, not just sensors. Tall vehicle needs further tuning to limit body roll. Tow hitch assembly is very low and will scrape while attached. Little more rear seat room would be okay. These are minor and the positives on this vehicle far exceed these.

Do not buy this car!
By skinnyheart

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love so many things about this car - but I hate many more. I have lost count of how many times I've taken this car to the dealership to repair malfunctioning lights, seat heaters, etc. (I think it's been 8 so far). The front window molding blew off on the highway 3 months after purchase. In the last two months this car has broken down twice - while we were on vacation both times - and it only has 25,000 miles on it. It is at the shop now, 400 miles from my home. Who knows what is wrong with it. It is very poorly made.

Roomy interior, handling - especially in the rain, Bluetooth, comfortable seats

Move the auto door locks from the center console to the door. Develop a quality control program!

I do not recomend this car
By kimabob

2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My last 3 cars have been Land Rovers. I like them because they are so big and roomy. I dont ge't claustrophobic in them. So as usual I got a land rover when it was time for a new car. I don't recomend this car one of the worst things with high gas prices is the 15 mpg and premium gas. The first few weeks the engine was smooth and fast but now it is pretty loud and a little bumpy. All the features are a little hard to remember how to use. Folding the second row seats flat is a little bit of a struggle and there is not as much leg room as expected in the back seat. The third row is pretty comfortable but with the third row up there is only a couple inches to put bags. And only 1 of the three sunroofs open

Third row, heated seats, air suspension, 10 cup holders

Gas mileage, a little more power, easy folding second row seats, more comfort features