2006 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Review: Very good experience with LR3

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Review

Very good experience with LR3
By Patrick on

2006 Land Rover LR3 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven an LR3 since May of 2006. The vehicle is excellent as both an off road vehicle and an on road luxury car/truck. I have taken it on long trips (San Diego to Yellowstone etc) and it was a joy to drive. I have been off road with in and in bad weather and messy muddy roads, and it performed flawlessly. The SE7 can fit 7 comfortably. The options work well and the window space provides great views and visibility. The footprint is not so large like a Tahoe etc so its easier to park and maneuver. I strongly recommend this vehicle, and while premium priced, is worth it for long hauls, off road, or a night on the town and taking out clients. Best car I have ever owned.

Comfort of ride, visibility, blue tooth operation, off road - bad road capability. Try the hill descent control on a slippery road and you can drive hands free. Its spectacular.

I think they needed to improve the luxury and finish in certain areas and they certainly did for 2010. I suggest with any model getting the roof rails / rack to give the car a more balanced look. I like lighter colors on the exterior with a black interior and trim. Side door guards as well