2006 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Review: I REALLY Wanted to Like It, Bu

2006 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

I REALLY Wanted to Like It, But......
By Jay on

2006 Land Rover LR3 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I owned one of these awesome Ford-made pieces of junk for about 4 months before I wisely got rid of it in favor of a quality-built vehicle. I bought it because I really liked the new styling inside and out and the more powerful engine, but didn't take into account the fact that it would be even less reliable than the 2003 Disco II that I traded in (which is really saying something). In my time owning it, I was at the dealership several times for the "check engine" light (not gas cap related), a total electronic malfunction (it said the e- brake was engaged when it wasn't and would't start for a full day), as well as a few other annoying issues. Overall, a miserable ownership experience.

Ummm... It looks nice. That's where it ends. It makes me laugh when other reviewers praise its offroad prowess when most of them have probably never taken it off the pavement. I never did and I don't know too many people who spend $50k+ for a vehicle and then run it through the jungle, forest, etc.

Quality is and always has been the biggest issue for LR. I fear that will only get worse now that Ford is involved. Gas mileage is HORRIFIC (12 mpg avg). Again, I laugh at people who say if you can afford a $50k+ vehicle that gas costs shouldn't be an issue. Guess they REALLY want to like the LR3...