2006 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Review: Gas Guzzler

2006 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Review

Gas Guzzler
By Asif on

2006 Land Rover LR3 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought the new LR3 SE. Love the drive and the feel of the vehicle. Probably one of the best handling and safest SUV's I've ever driven. In the last 10 days I filled up the 23 gallon tank 3 times with the recommended premium gas. Each fill up ran about $55. The vehicle got about 250 miles to the tank full or about 11 MPG in city/highway driving. It is suppose to get 14 city/18 highway. Remember it is 4 wheel drive 24/7 and has a V8 300hp, and it is one of the heaviest SUV's out there (over 7,000 lbs.) I would recommend that any potential owner rent this vehicle for one day and track the mileage based on the way you drive. If you're satisfied with the results, then buy this vehicle.

My favorite feature is the sense of safety that I feel when driving this vehicle, for myself and my family. We test drove a number of SUV's including the Volvo XC90 and nothing came close to the LR3. The vehicle has good pick up and handles well getting on and off the expressway.

Land Rover has to figure a way of reducing the weight of this vehicle. They may also want to consider adding a control to be able to switch into 4 wheel drive when needed as opposed to all the time. This would help save on fuel.