Used 2006 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

It is a LR afterall...
By Rover

2006 Land Rover LR3 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is absolutely awesome. It is like having McGyver with you at all times. If you want perefection, I would look elsewhere (generic, blend with all, and is that my car?). Think of it as a thoroughbred, the care and feeding are most crucial.

Suspension, ride quality, eccentric

Body side moldings to help prevent dings

Great Vehicle
By Ken Daniel

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What a surprise my wife and I received after driving the LR3. WE drove all the other models including the new Acura MDX, the new Volvo and the new BMW X5. They were all good, but not great. The LR3 drove as good or better than all of them. It was very comfortable on the highway, tight and responsive, all the bells and whistles and more, including the GPS, fold down second and third seats, unique Europeon styling and one of a kind looks. Give it a try before you make that final decision. After 3 months, not one problem, as good as the day we drove it off the lot.

Unique style, voice activated GPS, front and back accident avoidance sensors, solid and rugged appearance, tight and comfortable ride, dealership involvement.

none

Awesome SUV!!!
By David

2006 Land Rover LR3 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a really fun truck to drive. We also own a Landcruiser and was actually looking to buy a smaller SUV like ML350 or X5, when we stumbled on this....Wonderful truck..This is now the truck of choice in my house.

The Stereo;fun to drive; attention grabber

Suspension is a little too stiff; too much plastic on interior

Please don't repeat my mistake!
By SherryFM

2006 Land Rover LR3 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Please read this. You don't deserve to endure what I've endured over 1.5 years. I've had the entire fuel assembly replaced; the entire air compressor suspension replaced; the air bag assembly replaced; the radio (twice) and the inside of the rear tires are bald while the outside are in fine shape, due to a major suspension design flaw. It now lives in the garage until my lease is up (I rent cars to travel for my job.)

If I can safely get to a mountain, it holds the road very well.

Recall the entire vehicle and replace it and acknowledge that you create a bottom-of-the-barrel product with an expensive price tag.

A Car with a Feel Good Factor
By GuyC

2006 Land Rover LR3 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

On a whim went for a test drive & I have to say the ride surprised me. I came away wanting to buy the car but needed to do some ‘web’ research. I found so many negative reviews, the fuel economy & bad reliability that I rang the dealer & declined the deal we had discussed. A couple of days later I felt the pain of ‘non buyers remorse’ I dug deeper & found the fuel economy is really no different to any other SUV of this size and capability. I went back, got the car, The fuel economy on commute is ~16mpg. When I drive, it feels like I should take a picnic to a polo game. This is without a doubt a car that makes you feel good and well worth the time to investigate properly.

Visibility, style and feel of ride. VOX bluetooth is pretty snappy also

remote start (love that and haven't had it yet, Auto tilt-in side mirrors when parked