2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Love/Hate Relationship?
By jclay1965 on 06/14/06 09:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After pondering the decision to buy a LR3 V8 HSE after renting one for a week in California last year, finally got around to doing it this week. I can already tell it will most likely be a love/hate relationship. Right out the door, had to bring the LR3 back to the dealership the very next day, as there was some noticeably bad wobble/vibration coming from one or more of the wheels/tires. Also the seat memory switch #1 was DOA. While it was in being fixed, apparently the check engine light came on, and they fixed that as well, after running an 'engine diagnostic'. I love the car, but we are off to a rough start. The dealership, on the other hand, is fantastic!

What a great family vehicle
By LR3 in VA on 06/07/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After testing about 6 other mid size SUV's, by far this was the best. I'm glad we purchased it!

Lousy Tires - Good Year
By Bill on 06/01/06 12:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is great , but it wears out tires like very fast. Be prepared to change out your tires at 12,000 miles because thats all they last per the dealer. The LR3 is too heavy and the tires are too hard. Be prepared to sheel out $1,000 for the four and thats only if you get a 50% rebate back form Goodyear. The tires started to wear out at 8,000 miles . i could not take the noise from highway driving it was cruel. The roared on a quick trip up the I 95 to savananah Georgia from WEst plam Fl. Upon return to dealer I got the bad news. Your tire are cupped, tire speak they are worn out and noisy. Be prepared to sheel out $1,000 and another $250 to balance and align, not covered by warranty.

Incredible Vehicle
By njlr3hseguy on 05/26/06 16:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love the command driving position and the seats in my new LR3 HSE. This is my first LandRover vehicle and I really enjoyed the purchase process and the dealership. Being a previous Lexus customer I am very impressed with the LandRover philosophy in treating their customers. My local Lexus dealership has lost its "halo" and I think their success is harming their ability to treat customers as well as they used to. Thank goodness there are choices in the marketplace and I am so far very pleased with my new vehicle and the dealership. They know you as a name not a number.

LR3
By Michael B on 05/18/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my LR3 through the Internet the process was painless. I got the car at a great price. Since I bought the vehicle I have not been let down. I just got beck from the beach where I used the sand feature and it was incredible. I was actually able to drive the car right through the surf. The car is comfortable with more than enough room and the features seem endless. From my reasearch of SUVs out there, the capabilities of the vehicle exceed most any on the market and the gas mileage is not that bad either. We owned a Discovery prior to the LR3 and the two vehicles are like night and day as far as the comfort and features. They really have done a great job on this car!

Great and Awesome Car
By Sierra Madre on 05/15/06 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

If you are looking at cars like crossovers or mid sized suv's save yourself some time. This car is the bomb. Sure, it's a gas hog and believe me we tested Camry hybrids and such but with the 2 year lease at LR it's a great way to hold 2 more years while the manufacturers get their stuff together on hybrids. It's an awesome looking vehicle. My wife is driving this one and it replaced an '03 4 Runner. Get it!

Almost perfect...
By D-man on 04/29/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had the Disco Ser II before this, wow what an improvement! They really got it right. The tight turning radius alone is worth the price, especially in tiny Los Angeles parking lots. Everything that was wrong with the Discovery was made right with the LR3. Fast, comfortable, fewer blind spots, fold- flat seats, impressive handling, spacious cup holders, really great stuff. The one-touch ride-height adjustment is great for those lower- clearance parking garages, and the stereo can deliver the goods when you're ready to rock out. Too many nice touches to mention in this review. We leased the car and will probably buy it when the lease is up. Just an outstanding SUV if you can afford the gas...

Best yet!
By DJ on 04/29/06 11:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Rover: IIA, Discovery and LR3. The LR3 Outperforms all the rest. My MPG is 13 city and 21 highway(I drive low key.) When I pull a 5500 lb. trailer, I get around 12 mpg - not bad! Bad news - Dealer "forgot" to replace the fuel tank, caused a transport to have it replaced. Cost a week, and cost Land Rover over $2500 in tow bills. Minor sensor problems with coolant tank.

LR3
By bkalhor on 04/21/06 10:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third LR and by far the best one to date!

New Gas Hog
By Eric on 04/11/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I recently move from the world of Infiniti Sports Coupe to a Land Rover LR3. While they are two very differnt car they both provide a great driving experience. I have really enjoyed my LR3 for the 2 weeks that I have had it. I look forward to taking it into the Cascades and testing it out a bit more. I do think that where it is great for style and offroad it is lacking in luxury assets. My Infiniti ($10K) less was much nicer inside and had a lot of standard features that the LR3 does not have. Come on Land Rover, step it up in the standards. Finally, GAS, are you kidding 12-13 mpg if I am lucky.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.