2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV Consumer Reviews 6

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Love/Hate Relationship?
By jclay1965

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After pondering the decision to buy a LR3 V8 HSE after renting one for a week in California last year, finally got around to doing it this week. I can already tell it will most likely be a love/hate relationship. Right out the door, had to bring the LR3 back to the dealership the very next day, as there was some noticeably bad wobble/vibration coming from one or more of the wheels/tires. Also the seat memory switch #1 was DOA. While it was in being fixed, apparently the check engine light came on, and they fixed that as well, after running an 'engine diagnostic'. I love the car, but we are off to a rough start. The dealership, on the other hand, is fantastic!

Favorite Features

Ride quality, appearance, and the truly amazing Harmon Kardon Logic7 Sound System!

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps better PDI from the factory, to make sure everything works 100%. Also, get rid of those crappy Goodyear Wranglers! I can tell they are going to give me fits!

What a great family vehicle
By LR3 in VA

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After testing about 6 other mid size SUV's, by far this was the best. I'm glad we purchased it!

Favorite Features

Off road capabilities, quite ride, and the hydraulic suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Standard memory seating and more off road accessories

Lousy Tires - Good Year
By Bill

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is great , but it wears out tires like very fast. Be prepared to change out your tires at 12,000 miles because thats all they last per the dealer. The LR3 is too heavy and the tires are too hard. Be prepared to sheel out $1,000 for the four and thats only if you get a 50% rebate back form Goodyear. The tires started to wear out at 8,000 miles . i could not take the noise from highway driving it was cruel. The roared on a quick trip up the I 95 to savananah Georgia from WEst plam Fl. Upon return to dealer I got the bad news. Your tire are cupped, tire speak they are worn out and noisy. Be prepared to sheel out $1,000 and another $250 to balance and align, not covered by warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Buy Michelin tires on the LR3 from day one ,ask them to switch the tires out . Hope this helps somebody.

Incredible Vehicle
By njlr3hseguy

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love the command driving position and the seats in my new LR3 HSE. This is my first LandRover vehicle and I really enjoyed the purchase process and the dealership. Being a previous Lexus customer I am very impressed with the LandRover philosophy in treating their customers. My local Lexus dealership has lost its "halo" and I think their success is harming their ability to treat customers as well as they used to. Thank goodness there are choices in the marketplace and I am so far very pleased with my new vehicle and the dealership. They know you as a name not a number.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth telephone, the GPS navigation system (same brand as was in my Lexus) the excellent 14 speaker Harmon Kardon sound system (Better than my previous Mark Levison in the Lexus), the adaptive xenon headlamps, the three sunroofs, and the heated windshield for winter.

Suggested Improvements

Power lumbar and ventilated seats for the Drive and Passenger, standard woodgrain instrument panel (especially in the HSE with luxury package), E85 capability for flex fuel, and a locking gas cap door! Can not believe the LandRover does not have this feature as standard as they do in Europe.

LR3
By Michael B

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my LR3 through the Internet the process was painless. I got the car at a great price. Since I bought the vehicle I have not been let down. I just got beck from the beach where I used the sand feature and it was incredible. I was actually able to drive the car right through the surf. The car is comfortable with more than enough room and the features seem endless. From my reasearch of SUVs out there, the capabilities of the vehicle exceed most any on the market and the gas mileage is not that bad either. We owned a Discovery prior to the LR3 and the two vehicles are like night and day as far as the comfort and features. They really have done a great job on this car!

Favorite Features

The off-road settings are great. My kids also love that the vehicle raises and lowers with the flip of a switch. I also have found the suspension useful for driving in the snow last winter. Speed bumps don't seem to exist anymore with the LR3.

Great and Awesome Car
By Sierra Madre

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

If you are looking at cars like crossovers or mid sized suv's save yourself some time. This car is the bomb. Sure, it's a gas hog and believe me we tested Camry hybrids and such but with the 2 year lease at LR it's a great way to hold 2 more years while the manufacturers get their stuff together on hybrids. It's an awesome looking vehicle. My wife is driving this one and it replaced an '03 4 Runner. Get it!

Favorite Features

Looks, trim inside and out, features like nav and bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Ipod amperage is a bit off - low volume even at full ipod volume output.

Almost perfect...
By D-man

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Had the Disco Ser II before this, wow what an improvement! They really got it right. The tight turning radius alone is worth the price, especially in tiny Los Angeles parking lots. Everything that was wrong with the Discovery was made right with the LR3. Fast, comfortable, fewer blind spots, fold- flat seats, impressive handling, spacious cup holders, really great stuff. The one-touch ride-height adjustment is great for those lower- clearance parking garages, and the stereo can deliver the goods when you're ready to rock out. Too many nice touches to mention in this review. We leased the car and will probably buy it when the lease is up. Just an outstanding SUV if you can afford the gas...

Favorite Features

Tight turning radius, ride-height adjustment, exc ride quality on the hwy, smoooth and quick accel, fold-flat seats, flush cargo hooks, dual door rear hatch, killer stereo w/MP3 aux in, large cup holders, perfect driving position, all controls easy and high quality, lots of cabin storage, sport mode

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is TERRIBLE, seat memory, heaters and HomeLink should be standard at this price, when driver opens door, all doors should unlock, transmission a little jerky from rolling stop, AUX in on stereo is much quieter than CD- player, car only looks good in black due to lots of black plastic trim

Best yet!
By DJ

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Rover: IIA, Discovery and LR3. The LR3 Outperforms all the rest. My MPG is 13 city and 21 highway(I drive low key.) When I pull a 5500 lb. trailer, I get around 12 mpg - not bad! Bad news - Dealer "forgot" to replace the fuel tank, caused a transport to have it replaced. Cost a week, and cost Land Rover over $2500 in tow bills. Minor sensor problems with coolant tank.

Favorite Features

Styling and on/off road capability

Suggested Improvements

Add compass, improve audio controls, get dealers up-to-speed on features such as towing package. Dealers need to complete all requested warranty issues requested without constant nagging.

LR3
By bkalhor

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third LR and by far the best one to date!

Favorite Features

The interior has much more room than its predecessors, not to mention the 300HP comes in very handy.

Suggested Improvements

The weight of the vehicle still affects its performance, not to mention petrol consumption. LR needs to address this problem in the very near future as it will lose customers due to the current and future price of of petrolium.

New Gas Hog
By Eric

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I recently move from the world of Infiniti Sports Coupe to a Land Rover LR3. While they are two very differnt car they both provide a great driving experience. I have really enjoyed my LR3 for the 2 weeks that I have had it. I look forward to taking it into the Cascades and testing it out a bit more. I do think that where it is great for style and offroad it is lacking in luxury assets. My Infiniti ($10K) less was much nicer inside and had a lot of standard features that the LR3 does not have. Come on Land Rover, step it up in the standards. Finally, GAS, are you kidding 12-13 mpg if I am lucky.

Favorite Features

Style, fit and finish are nice. Off road capabilities. Nice quite ride, low impact road noice.

Suggested Improvements

More luxury items standard on SE V8. Better MPG on the fuel.