Used 2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Awesome Truck
By Ken

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is absolutely the best off-road/on- road combination SUV I have ever had. My wife has an ML-500 and we have owned a GX-470, ML-350, Grand Cheerokee, Lincoln Mark LT 4X4 and Jeep Wranglers. This is the best truck for the buck going. It has been bullet proof, unlike any of the others, I take it on Off road excursions where I would never take my Jeep and have never had a problem or gotten stuck. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking a cool, competent and reliable performer.

Ease of selecting the 4X4 drive train options. Great sound system. Adjustable supension. The visability is excellent.

The Key needs to go. More power ports. Get rid of the green background colors on the intertainment system and speedometer info window.

Great SUV
By DriverLR3

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent SUV overall. No problems other than regular maintenance. Maybe a bit underpowered but overall we are very happy with it.

Seats are very comfortable, the stereo is great.

Voice recognition for the navigation system does not work very well. A V6 TDI version of this car (as Land Rover sells it in Europe) would be a much better match for the US driving habits.

Great 4X4 Luxury Ride ... No Complaints!
By PRinSanAntonio

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Owned the LR3 for over a month and we love it. It is fully loaded. It is so versatile, loaded with all the luxury features anyone could need. So far no issues at all, it runs great and has wonderful road presence, plenty of power w/V8. Our dealer is wonderful, and if something does happen, so what, we drive another Land Rover. How is that a bad thing? Plus no cost maintenance. Most people dream of driving such an awesome truck. Bottomline - If people could afford to drive them, everyone would. We feel very fortunate to own this vehicle.

All the tech is working fine. Bluetooth phone is nice to have and really think the HIDs are super. The split tailgate is good design. Feel like we can drive thru anything. My combined MPG is 17.5, so not too bad at all for 5700lb truck.

Never can have enough engine power. Squeeze more out of the V8 or eventually put a nice turbo diesel in it for max torque. Ventilated seats would be a dream addition.

TWO LR3'S
By Steve

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased two LR3's new. One has been plagued with electrical problems, the other perfect...go figure. The dealer, as nice as can be, has not yet been able to correct cruise control and ABS problems on the troubled LR3. I'm on my third trip to the dealer. Fortunately, they give you an LR3 free as a loaner. That said, they are wonderful cars..maybe the best overall vehicles I've ever owned. I live in the mountains near Telluride, Colorado. Our home is off a rural dirt highway. I often use the suspension height lever to clear deep snow. You will love this vehicle..you will probably love your dealer (at least ours), but be prepared for some trying moments.

Views from all 3 rows of seating. Ride quality. Looks. Comfort. My clients love this car! No rattles.

Aux input to stereo not adjustable. Get the bugs out of the on-board computers. Offer a diesel engine. Squeaky brakes. Great dealer support, crummy factory support.

You only live once, buy yourself an LR3!
By Chris

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car/truck. It has all of the creature comforts one could want, but the designers haven't forgotten what a Land Rover is supposed to be about. It is great for towing, slogging through a blizzard, and 4- wheeling in the national forest. It handles great, has a great sound- system, and ummm ummm, those heated seats in the front and back are great in Wisconsin winters.

Looks, handling, and comfort!

The bane of any SUV...mileage. I barely have it broken in, but my mileage has improved markedly. I recently took a 160 mile drive on secondary roads and averaged just under 22mpg and if a cop my not see this I might even confess to driving 75mph. I just hope it gets better.

• SUV